PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner and Polish for Painted Airplanes?

wallda
07-26-2017, 07:57 AM
I am going to be cleaning and waxing/polishing a few airplanes at my local airport to earn some cash for flight training. Wondering what product lines people recommend. All aircraft are painted with no bare metal.

robert l
07-26-2017, 08:32 PM
I have used a product on my truck and it's great.............and easy ! It's called Top Coat and on the spray bottle it has F11. I took my truck through the car wash and when I got home, about 15 mi., I used the Top Coat and after two months it still looks good from just hosing it off or from the rain. It's not cheap but it's quick and pretty easy. I bought the 16 oz. bottle for about $36.00 and I've done the truck twice, glass and all and I still have enough to do it two more times. Check it out on YouTube.
Bob

Chris In Marshfield
07-31-2017, 05:57 PM
PlanePerfect is a line of products used frequently by the C-195 crowd and similar. If it's good enough for a C-195, it's good enough for me!

P.S. - You never realize how much surface area a plane has on it until you wax it! :rollseyes:

wallda
07-31-2017, 07:21 PM
PlanePerfect is a line of products used frequently by the C-195 crowd and similar. If it's good enough for a C-195, it's good enough for me!

P.S. - You never realize how much surface area a plane has on it until you wax it! :rollseyes:

Chris in Marshfield needs to update his name and signature:-)

FlyingRon
08-01-2017, 06:02 PM
I love the PlanePerfect window cleaner (EyesOutside or something along those lines) and the drywash isn't bad. As far as washing goes, I just use a mild soap to wash with and then I wax with Collinite 845. I've not found anything easier or better.

falcon21
09-14-2017, 11:31 AM
I use Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All products on my plane. With the degreaser, cleaner, and some spray on carnauba Turtle Wax it seems to do a good job. The Plex Wax works great on the windows too.

1600vw
09-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Does it matter if it's a fabric or metal surface we are waxing?