PDA

View Full Version : Bell Helicopter Rides

wallda
06-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know how you buy advanced tickets for the Bell Helicopter rides? Last year I remember waiting in a long line because I didn't buy them in advance.

CHICAGORANDY
06-19-2017, 02:59 PM
As far as I know, they are only available at Pioneer Airport, only the B-17 and Trimotor have online pre-purchase?

Dave Stadt
06-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Arrive early if you don't want to end up in the long line. Believe the helio ops start at 8:00am. No pre-purchase and if there was, you would still have quite a wait on the busy days.

Wrongway Feldman
06-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Bell 47 Helicopter: See AirVenture from above!
Take a flight in a unique pattern over the AirVenture grounds on a Bell 47 (M*A*S*H) helicopter. Experience AirVenture like you never have before and get a birds-eye view of the entire grounds at once.

Flight times:
Sunday prior to AirVenture: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.

Friday-Saturday: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.

Sunday: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.

Hours are subject to change without notice.

Cost:

Purchase your tickets at Pioneer Airport’s Pitcairn Hangar, located behind the EAA AirVenture Museum. Shuttle to the museum run from the Bus Park frequently.

Infield Helicopter Tour (5 minutes): $49 per person (walk up only)

Bell Bell 47 Helicopter page with Arial Route Map (https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/features-and-attractions/aircraft-rides-at-airventure/bell-47-helicopter-rides)

Cary
06-21-2017, 03:05 PM
It's a very short ride, but fun enough that I've done it twice. It is a pretty spectacular way to see the enormity of the show!

Cary

jowens
06-16-2023, 07:45 AM
Sorry to reopen an old thread. Do ticket sales start at 8am, or flights start? I'm just trying to plan what is a good time to arrive Wednesday morning to start the waiting process :). In other words, can I buy a ticket at say 7am in the hopes of being on flight close to the 8am start? Does a line start outside the hangar waiting for the hangar doors to open? I'm happy to wait in whatever line, I have a friend attending his first AirVenture as a day trip, so want to try to set expectations the best I can.