PDA

View Full Version : FAA Rebates for ADSB Installation

gbrasch
05-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Just saw the latest from the FAA pushing the rebate program, but aircraft already with ADSB installed are not eligible. Why penalize those of us that took the opportunity to have ADSB installed earlier, and give us a little break. I know, I know, they are trying to get more people who haven't to do so. What say you?

Sam Buchanan
05-24-2017, 03:20 PM
What say you?

My check should be arriving any day. :)

Frank Giger
05-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Early adopters of any new technology usually get the shaft on costs.

It's the price to pay in order to be first and cutting edge.

Kyle Boatright
05-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Just saw the latest from the FAA pushing the rebate program, but aircraft already with ADSB installed are not eligible. Why penalize those of us that took the opportunity to have ADSB installed earlier, and give us a little break. I know, I know, they are trying to get more people who haven't to do so. What say you?

Because they don't care about people who already have the equipment. Their goal is to motivate the *next* guy to install the equipment.

Mike M
05-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Why spend so much for one of the listed units plus certified installation when my EAB can use a different one that's so much cheaper? I'll save more than the rebate $.

So yeah, I agree with you, Glenn. Pay the rebate for any install or don't pay any at all.