PDA

View Full Version : Brawl Breaks Out At Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Floatsflyer
05-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Airline passengers, fed up in recent weeks with being punching bags for airline and airport staff, turned the tables big time yesterday deciding to fight back...literally. Upset and frustrated with multiple flight cancellations with no warnings by Spirit Airlines, the fists started flying from disgruntled passengers against airline staff and then the police got involved. The brawl was reminiscent of an old fashioned hockey donnybrook without skates.

Spirit Airlines says some work action on the part of it's pilots was to blame. The pilots say that's bulls**t. I'll always believe the pilots over the airline suits. With respect to the angry passengers, while I never condone violence of any kind, I think Quid Pro Quo applies in this instance.

FearTheH
05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
The airline probably caused the crew to go over their allotted duty hours thus cancelling the flight...I don't believe starting a small riot was the proper course of action to be taken by the passengers(who generally know nothing of the logistics of the airlines.) When will people stop being @$$holes to each other?

vaflier
05-09-2017, 06:56 PM
When will people stop being @$$holes to each other?
O
Unfortunately we as a society seem to be only getting worse. When parents fail to instill good morals , values and a code of proper conduct in their children this is the result. My parents tried their best and if I fail to display those qualities then it is my failure not theirs. Of course in those days it was expected that if you misbehaved a spanking would be forthcoming. Dont think they had ever heard the term time out.

Floatsflyer
05-09-2017, 07:03 PM
When will people stop being @$$holes to each other?

When their elected politicians stop being role models for such behaviour.

FearTheH
05-09-2017, 07:42 PM
O
Unfortunately we as a society seem to be only getting worse. When parents fail to instill good morals , values and a code of proper conduct in their children this is the result. My parents tried their best and if I fail to display those qualities then it is my failure not theirs. Of course in those days it was expected that if you misbehaved a spanking would be forthcoming. Dont think they had ever heard the term time out.
That's how it was when I was growing up...I had great parents so I was very blessed in that aspect, now I'm trying to pass all of that along to my kids.

When their elected politicians stop being role models for such behaviour.

BEST COMMENT EVER!

martymayes
05-09-2017, 08:31 PM
The airline probably caused the crew to go over their allotted duty hours thus cancelling the flight...I
No, the pilots are refusing legal duty extensions and jr assignments. Since a federal judge has issued a temporary restraining order which prevents the union from any "concerted refusal to perform normal pilot operations consistent with the status quo" until further hearing, there may have been some hokey pokey going on even if not union directed.

FearTheH
05-10-2017, 05:04 AM
No, the pilots are refusing legal duty extensions and jr assignments. Since a federal judge has issued a temporary restraining order which prevents the union from any "concerted refusal to perform normal pilot operations consistent with the status quo" until further hearing, there may have been some hokey pokey going on even if not union directed.

Yeah, I noticed that last night in a more updated article. Still, there's no reason for those people's actions, now there's 3 charged "criminally" and I'm sure will end up in a civil suit at some point. It's hard to tell what's going through the minds of anyone at this point, especially the pilots and the airline big wigs.

martymayes
05-10-2017, 05:38 AM
And the latest, from the airline that can do no wrong, a fight breaks out on a SWA flight in Burbank.

http://abc7.com/travel/one-arrested-after-fight-on-southwest-flight-caught-on-video/1973528/

Hal Bryan
05-10-2017, 08:45 AM
This one was off-topic to begin with, but now it's just degenerating into politics - nothing to do with us. Thread closed.