PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to KYIP?

Joda
03-31-2017, 07:00 AM
I have a trip to Willow Run (KYIP) coming up soon and I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback or opinions on the FBOs on the field.

Thanks!

martymayes
03-31-2017, 08:00 AM
I have a trip to Willow Run (KYIP) coming up soon and I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback or opinions on the FBOs on the field.

Thanks!
The Detroit FSDO is on the East ramp.......just a heads up, lol.

Mike M
03-31-2017, 08:04 AM
Haven't been to kyip and i bet you already checked http://airnav.com/airport/KYIP of course.

Joda
03-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Haven't been to kyip and i bet you already checked http://airnav.com/airport/KYIP of course.

Yep, I read all the stuff on Airnav, and also all the comments on Foreflight. Just looking for any first-hand input on the FBOs. I'll probably end up just flipping a coin!! :)

gmatejcek
04-06-2017, 03:49 PM

Thanks!

Can't comment on the FBO's, but the museum is great!

novipilot
04-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Ann Arbor (KARB) is only 7 miles or so west and is better equipped for small piston aircraft. Willow caters to freight and jets. I'd choose Solo Aviation in the terminal building (next to the part time tower). I have waited 2 hours to get a fuel truck at Willow. Both airports are right off I-94.

Joda
04-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Ann Arbor (KARB) is only 7 miles or so west and is better equipped for small piston aircraft. Willow caters to freight and jets. I'd choose Solo Aviation in the terminal building (next to the part time tower). I have waited 2 hours to get a fuel truck at Willow. Both airports are right off I-94.

I appreciate the comments, but this is a work thing and they said we're going to KYIP. So we're going to KYIP! Sometimes ya just gotta work with what ya got. :)

Bill Greenwood
04-06-2017, 10:39 PM
There are first class folks at Yankee Air Museum, and its not the same as the one at Chino with the lawsuit.

hharney
04-07-2017, 06:07 AM
I was just there two weeks ago. The girls at AvFlight are the best. They will take care of whatever you need. Been there many times no regrets. Nice crew cars and if you need a rental call the FBO. Uber is good too.

martymayes
04-07-2017, 06:16 AM
The girls at AvFlight are the best.
And AvFlight is on both sides of the field -really can't go wrong with any operator.