PDA

View Full Version : Project insurance

whodja
03-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Other than Falcon, does anyone have an insurance company that you can recommend for RV-10 builders insurance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaleB
03-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Arthur J Gallagher (formerly Nation Air) insures a LOT of RVs, both flying and under construction. I used them for builder's insurance on my RV-7 and they now insure my -12. Shanna Linton (877-577-VANS) and Jennifer Cummins (855-538-VANS) are great to work with. Plus they buy us beer at Oshkosh, so there's that. :)

Kyle Boatright
03-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Don't "all" of the brokers have access to underwriters which will insure a project?

I need to deal with this soon on my RV-10 project. It is at the point where my investment is going from uncomfortably expensive to ludicrous expensive...

rleffler
03-19-2017, 07:29 AM
Don't "all" of the brokers have access to underwriters which will insure a project?

I need to deal with this soon on my RV-10 project. It is at the point where my investment is going from uncomfortably expensive to ludicrous expensive...

Yes. Most will insure a project for about 1% of the coverage. Most will allow you to add flying coverage with a phone call. Any broker should be able to provide quotes. You can also bump your coverage up as you buy kits, engines, and avionics.

gbrasch
03-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Arthur J Gallagher (formerly Nation Air) insures a LOT of RVs, both flying and under construction. I used them for builder's insurance on my RV-7 and they now insure my -12. Shanna Linton (877-577-VANS) and Jennifer Cummins (855-538-VANS) are great to work with. Plus they buy us beer at Oshkosh, so there's that. :) Ditto to all of this, great folks, best prices.