PDA

View Full Version : Continental 0-200 Cylinder

jasonparadis04
03-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Hello,

I came across a new in box cylinder for a continental plane the other day. I'm looking for some information on it. I've attached some pictures. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sam Buchanan
03-03-2017, 10:16 PM
A photo of the yellow card would be helpful. Looks like you have an overhauled, old-style cylinder for a small Continental.

jasonparadis04
03-04-2017, 05:24 AM
Sam

Thanks for the info. I've attached a picture of that tag and the box that the cyclinder came in. How can you tell the difference between a new and remanufactured cyclinder? Are used cylinders worth keeping? Also are the pistons? By pistons I'm talking about the piece that goes inside the cyclinders.

Thanks

martymayes
03-04-2017, 06:00 AM
Do you want it sell it?

Sam Buchanan
03-04-2017, 06:51 AM
Sam

Thanks for the info. I've attached a picture of that tag and the box that the cyclinder came in. How can you tell the difference between a new and remanufactured cyclinder? Are used cylinders worth keeping? Also are the pistons? By pistons I'm talking about the piece that goes inside the cyclinders.

Thanks

I'm not a cylinder expert but the later model cylinders have thicker bosses for the rocker arm shafts. It would be interesting to see what is written on the yellow tag beneath the post-it note, might give the dimensions of the cylinder bore. The yellow tag tells us it is an over-hauled or inspected cylinder that is within serviceable limits. The box tells us who did the work and it is most likely a chromed cylinder and could be put back into service if someone wants a used, chromed cylinder.

jasonparadis04
03-04-2017, 12:19 PM
I attached two more pictures. On the cyclinder itself there is writing that says .064 Std.

jasonparadis04
03-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Do you want it sell it?
Ultimately I would want to since I don't own a plane. Currently what I know about the cyclinder has been discussed in this post so I don't really have a great idea of value.

martymayes
03-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Ultimately I would want to since I don't own a plane. Currently what I know about the cyclinder has been discussed in this post so I don't really have a great idea of value.

Let me know. That was reworked by Paul Kline who is across the lake from me.

jasonparadis04
03-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Let me know. That was reworked by Paul Kline who is across the lake from me.
Marty,

I'm interested in selling all of the used ones that I have also. I've attached a picture it isn't the best. There is 14 continental 200 cyclinders, 1 continental 470, and 9 lycoming 320. If you or anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

martymayes
03-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Marty,

I'm interested in selling all of the used ones that I have also. I've attached a picture it isn't the best. There is 14 continental 200 cyclinders, 1 continental 470, and 9 lycoming 320. If you or anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Jason, send me a PM or email to skyboy1956@yahoo.com