PDA

View Full Version : 1929 Fleet model 2 wheels and brakes.

Tom Harper
02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
I am looking for any information on converting my Fleet to brakes. My Fleet N-610M Has never had brakes. The axels are 1 3/4" in dia. I have been looking for wheels with brakes for 1 3/4" axel and it seems there are not a lot of choices out there.Any information on my quest would be appreciated.Tom Harper

FLEETMAN
02-23-2017, 02:35 PM
I am looking for any information on converting my Fleet to brakes. My Fleet N-610M Has never had brakes. The axels are 1 3/4" in dia. I have been looking for wheels with brakes for 1 3/4" axel and it seems there are not a lot of choices out there.Any information on my quest would be appreciated.Tom Harper

Later model Fleets had factory installed 10" brakes. I understand these parts can be retrofitted. Contact me off thread for more information.

f4udriver
03-02-2017, 10:45 PM

I am restoring a 1931 Fleet 9 and we are using PT-19 brakes. If I remember correctly we had to make a spacer for them to fit. In the process of figuring the brake master cylinders right now.

I was told this is the most common brake for the Fleet