PDA

View Full Version : Cancel two regs for each new one

Bob Dingley
02-03-2017, 12:57 PM
President Trump issued an excec order that says "For each new regulation, two old ones must be eliminated." A re write of FAR 23 and the new 3rd class medical reg are pending.

Just asking. Which four regs would you like to see eliminated?

Bob

Mark van Wyk
02-03-2017, 01:11 PM
President Trump issued an excec order that says "For each new regulation, two old ones must be eliminated." A re write of FAR 23 and the new 3rd class medical reg are pending.

Just asking. Which four regs would you like to see eliminated?

Bob

Here's one:
Eliminate mandatory ADS-B Out for certified airplanes to operate in airspace that currently requires Mode-C by the year 2020.
Reason:
RADAR will continue to be operational for at least a decade post-2020, hence there is no real need for small planes to have ADS-B Out in that airspace. They can still be seen by ATC and users of ADS-B.
Then, when the year 2030 approaches, propose a new ADS-B regulation -- and eliminate two other regulations at that time.

Bob Dingley
05-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Got a newsletter today (unable to complete download due to this junky Dell passed down to me from my wife) and from what I get, FAA is moving out on this. The FAA Regulatory Reform Task Force (RRTF) will now pick four FARs to dump. Probably their least favorites and not ours.

Bob