PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Super 8 Appleton disappointment today

CHICAGORANDY
12-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Bah Humbug!

My Christmas surprise?

A phone call from booking.com this morning advising me that my reservation for the 8 day stay at the Super 8 in Appleton during EAA Oshkosh 2017 has been 'altered'. The motel now says they 'made a mistake' and the rate will NOT be the $64 per day as quoted and confirmed 4 months ago.... it will $200 per day, and my options were to accept it or cancel the reservation. I suggested they were out of their minds and to obviously cancel. This is literally the same bait and switch a mom-n-pop motel near Oshkosh pulled on me last year.

I did send off a nasty-gram to Wyndham Resorts corporate that owns the Super 8 chain explaining my total dissatisfaction with their business practices. I expect no response or resolution from them if course.

Ho-Ho-Ho and Jack Frost roasting on an open fire.

Super 8 Appleton can go do something anatomically impossible.

The sole saving grace is that I did have the foresight to have a back-up reservation at a tiny joint some 50 miles away so I can still be a Tram volunteer again next year.

gbrasch
12-25-2016, 01:56 PM
A friend of mine has had the same experience with them. Grab a tent and come on down and join us in Camp Scholler, much more fun!

deftone
12-25-2016, 04:33 PM
A friend of mine has had the same experience with them. Grab a tent and come on down and join us in Camp Scholler, much more fun!

+1

Even my wife who hates outdoorsy type stuff loves our week in Camp Scholler!

John Cox
12-25-2016, 05:32 PM
I have LaQuinta Elite and secured with points my stay back in 2015. Two months before the "Big Show", La Quinta announced special event pricing. My room remained secure but the pricing reflected the Market (Supply/Demand) factors which exceeded my points. Staying 30 miles west also reflected the economic impact to Wisconsin. Everything adjusts to EAA and you are not receiving anything unusual. Sorry for the Coal in your Stocking.

John

gbrasch
12-25-2016, 08:43 PM
One more thing, a couple of years ago I flew my plane to OSH and made a car reservation with Enterprise months in advance, it was dirt cheap, guess they didn't have EAA in their computer at that time. Closer to the show, a friend paid almost a grand for a car for the week. Not sure how they are doing things these days but might be worth checking early if you need a car. At least Enterprise honored my deal when I showed up, and they dont take your credit card in advance.

L16 Pilot
12-25-2016, 09:16 PM
My wife I stayed at the airport Super 8 several years ago for a symposium at the EAA museum. Basically it was about you'd expect for an old motel that hasn't been updated and according to my wife it wasn't the cleanest. You can check the reviews although I understand that most reviews seem to be negative. People don't seem to post positive ones. Hotel/motel prices anywhere close to Oshkosh during EAA are 'out of sight' due to the demand. I've often stayed at Stevens Point which is a good one hour or so drive during the convention (closest I could find). I've also camped under the wings but I'm not that excited about the communal showers and wall to wall camping. I had about all of that I wanted during my air force years. Of course there are those who have fancy campers with all the amenities and that's a different story.

malexander
12-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Of course there are those who have fancy campers with all the amenities and that's a different story.

lol....This is me.

I'll take my MH, with my bed, my shower, my washer/dryer any day over a motel or hotel. PLUS, the RV isn't so picky about weather.:D

1600vw
12-26-2016, 01:52 PM
lol....This is me.

I'll take my MH, with my bed, my shower, my washer/dryer any day over a motel or hotel. PLUS, the RV isn't so picky about weather.:D

I don't know, I saw a lot of these RV's stuck in the mud the week I spent at Osh. But some day I hope to own a 40' Tiffin with 4 slides. I will then drive it to Osh. That day is coming.

Floatsflyer
12-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Chicago, you are a victim of corporate malfeasance and you must fight back vehemently. You have the power more then ever.

With apologies to Paddy Chayefsky, Bookings.com and Super8/Wyndham have mettled with the primal forces of consumer nature and they will atone!!! Their behaviour is dispicable, dishounerable, immoral and, subject to jurisdiction, may even be unlawful.

As a consumer, when you book a hotel room, a rental car or any other like service, the only thing you can rely upon is that reservation. They cannot dishonour it by changing it in any manner for they have entered into a contract with you. Do you have the confirmation notice(via email) they would have sent you and/or the confirmation number of the reservation?

No "mistake" was made by the hotel, you know that, they know that. They just want to see how far they can screw you and get away with it. You must tell them that if they want to f**k you, they have to kiss you first!

You have many weapons in the digital and non-digital world to fight back with, embarrass them and get them to honour the reservation:

-File a complaint with the Appleton Board of Trade and follow up.
-File a complaint with the Appleton Tourist Board (if it exists) and follow up.
-Write a review on Trip Avisor of how you've been treated by the hotel and the internet booking company.
-Call the Appleton local newspaper, ask for editorial and speak to a reporter about your issue and hopefully they'll run a story about how corporate hotel management is mistreating visitors to Appleton and Wisconsin.
-Check the Chicago newspaper dailies to see which ones run a consumer complaints column and contact the writer. Their job is to successfully resolve complaints.
-Finally, write a campaign of your anger and disgust with the hotel and booking.com on Facebook, it might go viral. Don't be shy, beat the crap out of them. Corporations know the power of social media and they do not want to be bombarded with a sh*tload of bad publicity and negative attention. If you don't know how to do this, elicit the help of your kid or grandkids.

As I said, some jurisdictions make it unlawful for service businesses to specifically engage in such misconduct. It's usually a city by-law or a state law. Check it out.

Good luck, let us know how you make out and never let the bastards take advantage of you.

dougbush
12-27-2016, 01:53 AM
deleted

malexander
12-27-2016, 05:04 AM
I don't know, I saw a lot of these RV's stuck in the mud the week I spent at Osh. But some day I hope to own a 40' Tiffin with 4 slides. I will then drive it to Osh. That day is coming.

:)I get there the week before.
We've stayed at Sleepy Hollow for 14 years. I had Jeff pour a concrete pad for my MH......I don't get stuck.
I have a 38' Fleetwood Bounder, 3 slides, diesel pusher.

CHICAGORANDY
12-27-2016, 09:26 AM
I recognize that the business model for most all motels/hotels within a 50-60 mile radius of Wittman regional is to 'gouge' the tourist during AirVenture. No doubt many make the bulk of their year by doing so. But paying a stated rate upfront is far cry from changing horses in mid-stream and bait & switching many months later. I have made my opinions known to the local Chambers of Commerce in Appleton.

I shall persevere and endure. As I mentioned in my original posting, my angst is tempered by having a back-up motel in hand, even though it is not in as convenient a location. Had that not been the case, this bait/switch WOULD likely have cost me the opportunity to attend AirVenture 2017 and I do dearly love tram conducting as a volunteer, but not enough to go deep into debt to do so.

Floatsflyer
12-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Chicagorandy, chalk it up to experience. You didn't have a valid contract because it was over $500, but not in writing, signed by the party you want to hold responsible, and there was no exchange (i.e., you didn't pay a deposit).

Wrong attitude. You must always speak up when you have been treated unfairly. How else to correct blatant wrongs?

Where did you get your legal education? My lawyer daughter and law school son say you should ask for your tuition money back.

FlyingRon
12-27-2016, 12:56 PM
My wife I stayed at the airport Super 8 several years ago for a symposium at the EAA museum. .

That was the Super 8 Oshkosh (the one next to Friar Tuck's), no? He's talking about a different property.

L16 Pilot
12-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Right! That's the one I was thinking of but having said that I never understood (well, I do as far as 'gouging') the fact that businesses have to raise their prices just because there is a demand. Quick example: my wife owned an awards business (trophies, plaques, engraving) for many years. I can't ever remember her raising the prices just because we became 'seasonal busy' in the spring or whenever there was a high demand. The only time prices were raised was if our vendors of parts raised their prices. Even then if we had a price commitment we kept it.

1600vw
12-27-2016, 05:36 PM
Imagine if your favorite eatem-up joint did this. When it was time to eat they would get busy so raise prices.

1600vw
12-28-2016, 06:19 AM
When in high school and working washing dishes trying to make some cash. The manager of this place would cover the prices on the menu. This was a buffet style dinner. He would then make a sign that said special. Put this over the covered price then raise the price by .25 cents. We would serve around a few hundred customers during dinner. He would pocket all the extra he made. Lets just say, one day I chased him around the parking lot with my car. He had to take a jump into the dumpster to get away. Right were he belonged, as do people who raise prices when they get busy. Throw them in the trash then take the trash out.

Tony

martymayes
12-28-2016, 08:21 AM
I don't have any issue with value-based pricing. Retailers do it al the time, the often repeated example used here is jacking up the cost of a 30 cent bottle of water to $4 at an outdoor event during the last week of July. Merchant obviously thinks value of that cold bottle of water is worth his asking price and consumers will agree. Consumer has the option of deciding if value of product is worth the price or not. I've been to hundreds of restaurants that have one menu for lunch and a different menu for dinner the only difference being price adjusted for perceived value of the meal at a particular time period. Restaurants that have same price all day long starts with the letters McD and I never eat there.

Somewhat different to quote and confirm a price, then later renege on that contract, which is what happened in the OP.

FlyingRon
12-28-2016, 08:26 AM
There is no CONTRACT here. It may be unethical, but isn't illegal.

1600vw
12-28-2016, 08:55 AM
I don't have any issue with value-based pricing. Retailers do it al the time, the often repeated example used here is jacking up the cost of a 30 cent bottle of water to $4 at an outdoor event during the last week of July. Merchant obviously thinks value of that cold bottle of water is worth his asking price and consumers will agree. Consumer has the option of deciding if value of product is worth the price or not. I've been to hundreds of restaurants that have one menu for lunch and a different menu for dinner the only difference being price adjusted for perceived value of the meal at a particular time period. Restaurants that have same price all day long starts with the letters McD and I never eat there.

Somewhat different to quote and confirm a price, then later renege on that contract, which is what happened in the OP.

Maybe today. But in the time period I am speaking not so much. This was a steak house. Not many around today. Huge place that had a huge indoor grill cooking over an open flame. Maybe today these practices are ok " raising prices to suit ones needs" but not so much in years past. Most people had morals and ethics.

Tony

martymayes
12-28-2016, 12:32 PM

Hotel promises to provide room on specified dates in exchange for consideration. Both parties are of legal age, competent and capable of meeting obligation. No requirement to perform illegal activity.

Sounds like a contract.

Byron J. Covey
12-28-2016, 01:24 PM
The issue is not about what is legal, it is about what is honorable. Unfortunately, honor is in short supply in all segments of society today.

BJC

FlyingRon
12-28-2016, 02:27 PM
One thing you might try is contacting your credit card company if you used one to book the room. I had one hotel that didn't have a room when I had booked one (it was a convention situation). Got AMEX involved and things resolved themselves pretty quickly.

Floatsflyer
12-28-2016, 02:37 PM

I would like to hear your legal arguments why this is not a contract. NOT YOUR OPINION!-your legal arguments only. Contract law is private law, it has absolutely nothing to do with "illegal".

I said it before here, I'll say it again, the OP entered into a legally binding contract. When does a hotel booking become a legally binding contract? and when does a booking become relied upon and it becomes a commitment?

Over one thousand years of common law jurisprudence and contract case law have established the following 4 requirements under which a contract is to be formed. They are:
-An offer is made by one party
-Acceptance is made the other party
-Consideration(money payment)
-An intention by both parties to be legally bound.

The OP and the hotel meet all 4 requirements.

Furthermore, there is no requirement that a contract must be in writing which of course means a contract can be made over the phone or online.

You might say aha!! no money was paid but you'd be wrong. The judicial case law says that "consideration" is satisfied if a credit card is given at the time of the booking(which is always needed to be done) as the providing of a credit card is deemed to be "a promise to pay".

Floatsflyer, AKA Professor Charles Kingsfield

FlyingRon
12-28-2016, 04:33 PM
I never said it had to be in writing. A traditional hotel reservation doesn't bind you to pay, so there is no consideration, and hence it is not a contract. However, most hotel reservations do bind the person to some extent (if they don't cancel) but they are also usually have outs for the Hotel, so even if this were a contract, the agreed terms allows them to do this.

CHICAGORANDY
12-29-2016, 05:46 AM
The motel and the local Chamber of Commerce have chimed in - the long answer in unimportant, the short version is "Have a nice day and don't let that door strike yer buttocks on the way out." The best they offered was to reduce the new daily rate from a bit over $200 to $180 a night. I declined the opportunity to pay over three times the original quoted rate.

I am NOT shocked that the Super 8 Appleton joins the majority of local inns in raising their rates during AirVenture to near usury numbers. When a low end place like Motel 6 is getting $200+ a night I reckon anything goes.

Caveat Emptor

1600vw
12-29-2016, 06:17 AM
The motel and the local Chamber of Commerce have chimed in - the long answer in unimportant, the short version is "Have a nice day and don't let that door strike yer buttocks on the way out." The best they offered was to reduce the new daily rate from a bit over $200 to $180 a night. I declined the opportunity to pay over three times the original quoted rate.

I am NOT shocked that the Super 8 Appleton joins the majority of local inns in raising their rates during AirVenture to near usury numbers. When a low end place like Motel 6 is getting $200+ a night I reckon anything goes.

Caveat Emptor

Yes and the consumer chimed in and told them to take a giant leap or go screw themselves. More need to stand up to these practices and just stop going to events that do this. Maybe we all will be at home more building things.

Byron J. Covey
12-29-2016, 07:40 AM
I don't like the price gouging, but I would like government intervention into the free market even less.

BJC

Floatsflyer
12-29-2016, 08:29 AM
I don't like the price gouging, but I would like government intervention into the free market even less.

BJC

Congratulations. You've become a card carrying member of the group that devoutly believes they can suck and blow at the same time.

CHICAGORANDY
12-29-2016, 08:35 AM
I absolutely agree - EVERY merchant has the right to set whatever price they like for their goods and services, and we all get to vote with our wallets. but they have to honor those prices and not change them down the road retroactively. There are LOADS of motels and inns within 30 miles of Oshkosh that have always been no option for my annual visits because of the terrifically high published rates. And they are all booked solid.

Why oh why wasn't I borne rich instead of so good lookin'? lol

Floatsflyer
12-29-2016, 10:28 AM

Caveat Emptor

I'm appalled that this is the response you received so far, very sad.

Once again, I'd like to suggest that you contact the Appleton Post-Crescent, the daily newspaper(from my previous list of things you can do).If you go to their website you'll find a 1-800 number and the name of the News Director with his direct phone number and email.

You are very right to say caveat emptor when it comes to consumer protection for it always applies BEFORE a purchase. But in your case, you could never have reasonably been expected to believe that you would have to protect yourself against such shoddy business practices by a brand name company after the booking/business transaction was completed. So it's really beware of unscrupulous, unethical, immoral business practices. The only way someone can do this is if your situation becomes a public matter. So help others avoid the same future fate.

The hotel said it was a "mistake". You know that's BS. It's reasonable to conclude that the hotel has also screwed many other hotel guests who booked when you did for the Osh time period. Once you've made the same "mistake" repeatedly, it's no longer a mistake--it's a CHOICE. The hotel and booking site made that choice, you should not have to face the consequences.

Byron J. Covey
12-29-2016, 11:19 AM

BJC

Congratulations. You've become a card carrying member of the group that devoutly believes they can suck and blow at the same time.

I have no idea what you mean by that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you requested.

BJC

Floatsflyer
12-29-2016, 03:24 PM
I have no idea what you mean by that...BJC

"Explaining this is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."

E.B. White
Humorist, author of Charlotte's Web

dougbush
12-31-2016, 10:30 PM
Wrong attitude. You must always speak up when you have been treated unfairly. How else to correct blatant wrongs?

Where did you get your legal education? My lawyer daughter and law school son say you should ask for your tuition money back.
Thank you for correcting me. I deleted my post. Sorry, everyone.

Byron J. Covey
01-01-2017, 10:36 AM
i don't like the price gouging, but i would like government intervention into the free market even less.

Bjc

congratulations. You've become a card carrying member of the group that devoutly believes they can suck and blow at the same time.

anyways, provide me with the benefit of the doubt as i am suffering from the prolonged influences and impacts of dt syndrome, a very recently diagnosed medical condition for which i have sought out counselling. These are militant times. Everyone is eager to join a team.everyone has a strong opinion. Everyone is mad about something. Wish me well.

ok

bjc

Bill Berson
01-05-2017, 05:20 PM
I reserved a Hertz rental car for Osh 2015 about a year in advance at $189 for the week from Green Bay.
About two months before July I received an email of a price adjustment to $770!
All calls failed to get a manager, I gave up and cancelled.
They don't take a card number for the reservation. I figure a reservation is worthless.

I gave up on rental cars to Osh.

Skyguy
01-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Some thing happened to me at a OSH motel. I booked at the normal rate....but about a month before EAA....the rate tuned RED 000.00 in the computer reservation....and a phone inquirey about the red confirmed that the rate would be $300.00. Take it or leave it. I left it and moved on.

L16 Pilot
01-18-2017, 08:53 AM
The whole process still gets down to price gouging. Someone previously called it 'value pricing' but it's gouging to me. As they are private businesses it's most likely legal but not ethical in my mind. As I previously posted my wife and I ran a business for many years and we never raised prices just because it was the 'busy time of the year".

Bill Greenwood
01-18-2017, 11:21 AM
No one likes the high prices of rooms or rental cars, but is it realistic to expect them to stay the same as non event weeks? Can you rent a room for the same price Kentucky Derby week as year round or Indy 500, or Super Bowl week, etc.?
I had friends visit in summer and a nice 3.5 star room was $150, if they wanted the same room, across the street from the ski lift at Christmas it was $600.
I once made a reservation at one of the best hotels, close in at Osh, then got to thiining that the prices were too good to be true. Sure enough, I had the wrong dates, it was a week before EAA event!

L16 Pilot
01-18-2017, 12:45 PM
I realize my points aren't going to change anything and in fact I can drive in although I'm on the other side of the state. I've also flown in and camped under the wing. But it still gets down to price gouging and they charge it because they know someone "with money" will pay but it won't be me. Paying $300-400 a night for a place to sleep and a shower is not reasonable in my budget. Reminds me of the local gasoline cartel where the price was 10-15 cents higher per gallon than some of the surrounding area (all the prices were raised at the same time or within an hour at all stations). That is, until a new place came into the area and started charging a much lower price per gallon and all of a sudden gas prices went down to a more reasonable level.

rwanttaja
01-18-2017, 01:46 PM
I agree that the OP (and others with similar stories) got shafted when the companies upped their quoted prices. But I do not criticize companies that raise the prices of inessential services or products (such as hotel rooms) when the demand is higher. That's called "Capitalism." If the price is more than you want to pay, then don't pay it.

Another factor to consider is the fact that the profits from Airventure pay for better facilities than one might normally expect. I travel to Oshkosh 3-4 times a year, typically staying in the Hilton. I drive right by the Super 8 to get there, and I rarely see many cars in the parking lot. It may not even exist, if it wasn't for the big summer show (though I believe there are other events in the area as well).

Ron Wanttaja

DaleB
01-18-2017, 02:08 PM
I realize my points aren't going to change anything and in fact I can drive in although I'm on the other side of the state. I've also flown in and camped under the wing. But it still gets down to price gouging and they charge it because they know someone "with money" will pay but it won't be me. Paying $300-400 a night for a place to sleep and a shower is not reasonable in my budget. You are absolutely correct. It is also a nearly universal fact of life for every hotel, rental car agency, etc. wherever there is a major seasonal event. Try to book a hotel and rental car in Houston in early February ($950 for the Holiday Inn Express), or in Louisville during the Derby (1100+ for the Hilton Garden Inn), or stay within 50 miles of Sturgis during the rally. This really should not surprise anyone.

CHICAGORANDY
01-21-2017, 07:59 AM
To chime back in from my original post - I have stated that I have NO problem with seasonal/special event pricing for any goods or services- it is indeed how capitalism works. MY sole issue revolves around having a quoted and confirmed motel reservation at a published rate and then having that rate quadrupled FOUR months later without recourse beyond cancellation. That is a business practice that stinks in my honest opinion The Super 8 in Appleton is guilty of creating that kind of stink.

Bill Berson
01-21-2017, 06:55 PM
The question is, does the entire motel/rental car industry engage in the stinky process of not honoring reservations? Or is it just Super 8 and Hertz?

Mayhemxpc
01-22-2017, 09:56 AM
I am guessing it is widespread. What if instead of a reservation, you actually paid for the hotel room in advance?

Bill Berson
01-22-2017, 12:33 PM
I think they can breach any contract. It would be up to the individual to initiate court action. Pre payment may or may not help. I think they used to require pre payment and this may be a new stinky practice to avoid a contract.
Anybody know?

Cary
02-01-2017, 05:40 PM
FWIW, I have no doubt that a contract was formed. The only question is how to enforce it. The ultimate answer to that lies in the court system, and for the amount involved, it's unrealistic. Especially for someone who must come from any distance for court, it's completely unrealistic to enforce. During almost 47 years of practicing law, I had to tell many, many people who had legitimate legal grounds that their cases just weren't worth the money to pursue, let alone the personal angst, time, and energy. Once in awhile, I'd have clients that would say (and mean it) that they wanted to do it anyway, expense and inconvenience be damned, upon the basic principle that they weren't going to be screwed, period. But most of the time, that didn't happen, because realism set in.

In today's world, social media is powerful. Being careful to accurately state the facts, that might be the best way to go. But in the meanwhile, buy a good tent and camp at Scholler or under a wing, because even if you're successful, Airventure is only 6 months away.

Cary

Bill Berson
02-01-2017, 11:23 PM
That's exactly right, they saw my out of state address and moved into action. After Hertz breached my 12 month advance reservation I found another company. That company had a scheme to screw me also and pad their rental bill.
Like this:
I returned the vehicle to the marked spot and an agent quickly met me inside and said : " everything for the return is done, you are all set. Then he said do you need a receipt". I said "of course " and then I asked him if the vehicle was clean enough and everything in order. He said yes and went for the receipt.
I was late for a ride to the airport so glad to just grab the receipt and go. But I looked at the receipt and the bill was much lower that I expected. I told him " this bill looks low". He said " no no, you are good to go". So I left.
After I get off the airline and called my wife she said the rental company had called her and said I had never returned the vehicle.
Great!
I call them early the next day and by then they tell me they found the vehicle. Ok fine.
The next day they email me a copy of a different contract* at a much higher mileage than what I recorded. I call again and the person won't believe me. I ask for a manager. No manager.
So they bill my ViISA card $100 more than actual amount. After repeated calls I gave up and file a merchant complaint with VISA.
Most would give up. Not me.
I checked the companies website and others had reported the same exact scam!
After several rounds of letters and replies from the company and me to VISA, the VISA negotiator called me and she reversed the overcharge! I won this time.

Who knows what else they will pull next time... If I ever rent a vehicle.

*the contract copy I had received after returning the vehicle was for a different customer! I didn't notice their contract mistake till I got home. I still believe the "mistake" was intentional.

roger-wilco-66
02-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Re the 200$ the OP mentioned. Wow!! Last year we paid an average of 144 $ per day (min 55$, max 168$ during the week) in the Super 8. It came to a whopping 1285,-- for the whole week Sunday to Sunday.

Maybe I'll go for the camp next time.

Cheers,
Mark

martymayes
02-02-2017, 08:09 PM
to It came to a whopping 1285,-- for the whole week Sunday to Sunday.

Maybe I'll go for the camp next time.
Camp Scholler will be ~$200 for the week. All you need is a $1000 camper to make the experience "priceless"

Cary
02-16-2017, 08:25 PM
I haven't camped at Scholler, because I always camp with my airplane. I've been in the North 40, the North North 40 (north side of 9-27), Vintage, and the South 40 (aka North Fond du Lac). But except for the occasional violent storm, I've always had good experiences, with good neighbors. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, either.

Cary

L16 Pilot
02-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Love to camp under the wings and actually Oshkosh has pretty much everything available you need on site. I've been known to slip over to Friar Tucks for some air conditioning and an adult beverage. I guess the only downside is showering with a bunch of strangers. I had all the "to-gatherness" I wanted during my Air Force days.

vaflier
02-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Well just look on the bright side, depending on how the Supreme Court rules on a related upcoming case, you may be able to simply proclaim you are a woman trapped in a mans body and there after use the womens showers :eek:

Cary
02-17-2017, 10:08 PM
The new shower building at the North 40 also has some individual shower rooms on the north side of the building, if you need to avoid "to-gatherness". I tried it once, but I don't like them much, because it doesn't take very long for it to get pretty foggy in there. I prefer the community showers, which still give a modicum of privacy.

Cary

martymayes
02-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Well just look on the bright side, depending on how the Supreme Court rules on a related upcoming case, you may be able to simply proclaim you are a woman trapped in a mans body and there after use the womens showers :eek:

No, can use the bathroom of whatever gender you "identify with" until we spend gazillions of dollars building "gender neutral" facilities.

Mayhemxpc
02-18-2017, 07:13 PM
I thought we already had gender neutral facilities at AirVenture. The are blue plastic and about 3x3x8. Found at many locations and are often very popular just when you need one, whatever your identification may be at the moment.

vaflier
02-18-2017, 08:04 PM
While usefull they do have a certain aire about them.

dc8jet
02-26-2017, 11:06 AM
I have a very limited budget and I can only afford to stay for a couple of days. I always make my reservations in January or February. For the last few years I have stayed at the Americinn in West Bend. I was paying about $88 a night and never had a problem with them trying to change my rate. When I went to make reservations two weeks ago the rate was $135. I ended up booking the Red Roof in Milwaukee for $71. It's a longer drive but $64 a day is a lot of money to me. I agree with Floatsflyer. Your confirmed booking is a valid contract and they have to honor it.

Cary
02-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Camping is a whole lot less expensive and a whole lot more fun!

Cary