PDA

View Full Version : Attending NBAA Conference Question

Claudeb
12-03-2016, 08:42 PM
I have attended the EAA Oshkosh a few times already and now I want to attend the NBAA Conference being held in Las Vegas October 2017. I am a private pilot and not really in the aviation business but I want to attend the conference. Is it possible for a non-member to attend? If so does anyone know the historical registration cost?

Kurt Flunkn
12-04-2016, 01:40 PM
It's usually around $90 for non members and higher at the door ....

gbrasch
12-04-2016, 03:02 PM
According to their website, I found this interesting: DressIn keeping with the professional nature of the business aviation industry, dress for NBAA-BACE is business attire. This applies to all attendees and exhibitors, as well as to all personnel working on behalf of exhibitors in their booths.

Floatsflyer
12-04-2016, 07:51 PM
According to their website, I found this interesting: DressIn keeping with the professional nature of the business aviation industry, dress for NBAA-BACE is business attire. This applies to all attendees and exhibitors, as well as to all personnel working on behalf of exhibitors in their booths.

Definitely interesting. Mostly pretentious. Do you think Oshkosh should adopt such a dress code?

Claudeb
12-05-2016, 04:12 PM
It's usually around $90 for non members and higher at the door ....

OK I can afford $90 but I wonder if I have to join first. I don't really seem to meet their membership requirements.

skyfixer8
12-06-2016, 08:04 AM
Don t start a new trend at Oshkosh Float. I am still trying to figure out what 'dressy casual" is that was required at the Wright Brothers banquet. i don t own a suit.

Bill L

Bill Greenwood
12-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Mens Wearhouse advertises a lot and has suits at very reasonable prices, say $150,. You can also wear a sport coat and decent pants for pretty much the same effect.
As a pilot, I have needed a suit for a number of friends services as well as happy events.

skyfixer8
12-06-2016, 11:30 AM
A typical "Yooper" here Bill, not very fashion conscious.

Bill

Floatsflyer
12-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Don t start a new trend at Oshkosh Float. I am still trying to figure out what 'dressy casual" is that was required at the Wright Brothers banquet. i don t own a suit.

Bill L

Nah, forget "dressy casual" or "cool elegance", let's outdo the NBAA and institute mandatory "Black Tie" at Oshkosh.......with shorts!!! I mean if ya wanna be pretentious then go all the way. Putin' on my top hat, getin' out my tails.......