PDA

View Full Version : WEBS.com hosting site to update chapter web site is not working.

Jim Clark
11-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Went to log in at Webs.com member log in and it opens Vista Print web site. Our chapter web site still works but I can not get in to update it. Can someone please advise?

Kyle Voltz
11-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Hey Jim,

I've seen this happen as well, It appears that Vista Print has paired up with Webs.com.

When this has popped up on my computer there is always a little box at the bottom with the option to "continue to webs.com" Just click on that and it will take you right through! If you still have problems shoot me an email and I will love to see what I can do to help.

Kyle

FlyingRon
11-08-2016, 10:30 AM
How are you linking to the site? Note that if you use your own DNS record and the webs.com IP address, you're going to get routed to some default site. What you are going to need to do is either HTML redirect from your address to your webs.com hostNAME or you will (don't know if it is possible) have to register your name with webs.com. This is pretty common with the free/cheapo hosting sites that provide multiple sites at the sams address.

Jim Clark
11-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Working now. Apparently WEBS is partnering with Vista Print on some things and the webs member update link temporarily became confused.