PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number/Activation Code Confusion

Ed T
08-10-2016, 08:24 PM
I have registered and gotten as far as the SW 2016 installation manager. I need a 24 digit serial number to request the download. Where/how do I get a serial number. I understand I will get an activation code (also 24 digit?) at some point by email. Will this be after the download? My email address is att.net, but it comes through yahoo mail. Is this also going to present problems? Something is not registering with me, and if someone can enlighten me, I would very much appreciate the help. Thank you--Ed T

Cory Puuri
08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
I have registered and gotten as far as the SW 2016 installation manager. I need a 24 digit serial number to request the download. Where/how do I get a serial number. I understand I will get an activation code (also 24 digit?) at some point by email. Will this be after the download? My email address is att.net, but it comes through yahoo mail. Is this also going to present problems? Something is not registering with me, and if someone can enlighten me, I would very much appreciate the help. Thank you--Ed T

Yes. Yahoo mail seems to have issues with SOLIDWORKS emails. I would speculate that SOLIDWORKS was marked as spam by Yahoo and is filtered before delivery to all Yahoo mail accounts. Try Gmail, but check your spam folder.

krw920
08-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Yes. Yahoo mail seems to have issues with SOLIDWORKS emails. I would speculate that SOLIDWORKS was marked as spam by Yahoo and is filtered before delivery to all Yahoo mail accounts. Try Gmail, but check your spam folder.

My serial number email went to my Gmail spam folder as well.

Bill Simpson
08-24-2016, 02:13 PM
I am using Comcast.net for my email, and have gotten nada through there. Waited an hour now... Any thoughts on how to get serial number, etc?

Billski

krw920
08-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Check your spam filter/folder.

Bill Simpson
08-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Check your spam filter/folder.

I did and the spam folder is EMPTY. When I try to start over, the page changes over to telling me I will have a serial number soon. I will check it again in the AM. Whether it works or not, I will report back with results...

Bill SImpson

Bill Simpson
08-25-2016, 08:44 AM
Still no joy. Filters are off and nothing came in anywhere. Anybody know who we talk to EAA HQ or at SW?

Av8r_Sed
08-27-2016, 01:17 PM
No joy for me either. It didn't go to spam, as far as I know it just didn't go. It's been days now.

-- Paul Sedlacek

Bill Simpson
08-27-2016, 06:14 PM
I did and the spam folder is EMPTY. When I try to start over, the page changes over to telling me I will have a serial number soon. I will check it again in the AM. Whether it works or not, I will report back with results...

Bill SImpson

Cory served as the conduit for my SN, and it works. Now I am looking for how to get Simulation running. Anybody know how we get that up and running?

AnnaWood
08-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Cory served as the conduit for my SN, and it works. Now I am looking for how to get Simulation running. Anybody know how we get that up and running?

Simulation is not part of the Student Design Kit which equates to SolidWorks Standard. SolidWorks Simulation Xpress is included. Not the full blown Simulation package.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/3d-cad/solidworks-standard.htm

Bill Simpson
08-28-2016, 07:28 AM
Simulation is not part of the Student Design Kit which equates to SolidWorks Standard. SolidWorks Simulation Xpress is included. Not the full blown Simulation package.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/3d-cad/solidworks-standard.htm

Anna,

I found Sim Express. Feels like a bait and switch compared to what I was led to believe we were getting... Disappointed.

Bill

AnnaWood
08-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Anna,

I found Sim Express. Feels like a bait and switch compared to what I was led to believe we were getting... Disappointed.

Bill

I thought we would be getting a higher level of SolidWorks as well. There are educational versions that offer more features. Unfortunately, the SDK does not. Not so much a bait and switch for me as not reading the fine print and understanding what flavor of SolidWorks equates to the SDK.

FWIW...