PDA

View Full Version : Solidworks Key came after I bypassed that Install Page....Now What do I do?

LONGEZJack
08-05-2016, 11:34 AM
I followed the instructions to download Solidworks, Un-Zip it, etc. When I got to the page for the Serial Number, I had none. So, I continued on and, the installation completed. Subsequently I received the Serial Number. Now how do I enter that number? Do I have to start over or is there a way to enter the serial number on what I have downloaded?

AnnaWood
08-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Re-start the installation manager and you should get a dialog to add your serial number and do a repair/modify install.

Tom Gagnon
08-07-2016, 11:01 AM
I've performed installations on top of installations before. The option you need to choose is Modify Installation, to alter serial numbers or add products.

LONGEZJack
08-08-2016, 08:04 AM
I've performed installations on top of installations before. The option you need to choose is Modify Installation, to alter serial numbers or add products.
Tom,
I restarted the installer and entered the serial number, per the first suggestion, but I do not remember the word "Modify". how can I tell if Solidworks is performing to the full capability given to EAA members?
Jack

Jeffrey Meyer
08-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Start SoldWorks.
Go to: Help > Show Licenses
Also: Help > About SolidWorks
You can check for activation of any extras at: ​Tools > Add-Ins

Tom Gagnon
08-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Also: Help > About SolidWorks

Although I don't have same license to give exact values,

In this window, at the top it should read:
SOLIDWORKS [Student?] 2016 x64 Edition
SP [4.0?]
Serial No: Show Serial Number

If you have it activated with license number, that should be readable after clicking Show Serial Number link; it will appear where it once said Show Serial Number. Then you're active and good to go.

If it doesn't read "Show Serial Number," and instead reads something like none, N/A, unlicensed, or such, then it hasn't taken the number and isn't activated. I'm curious as to what it would say, as I've never operated w/o a serial number.

AnnaWood
08-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Jack, Try this....

LONGEZJack
08-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Thank you folks for sharing your expertise and helping me with this issue. It turns out that by ignoring the serial number the first installation only gave me the Explorer and another utility, not the real Solidworks program. Based on your guidance I was able to download and activate the real Solidworks. Thanks again for taking the time to help me!
Jack