PDA

View Full Version : EAA Chapter in Northern Ireland??

braywood
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I am a Canadian living in Northern Ireland now for over 6 years. I have recently tried to start an LAA Strut (British equivilent to EAA Chapter) but have received very little interest.

I doubt there are many EAA members here, but what are the chances of a Northern Ireland Chapter getting started??

I was a founding member of Chapter 1051 in Nova Scotia about 10 years ago - would be willing to organize one here if there was sufficient interest - this means about a dozen people!!

Let me know if you are intersted to have a go!!

Mark

Hal Bryan
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Mark -For what it's worth, I posted a link to this thread on EAA's Facebook page, targeted only at those users in Ireland, which may help spread the word a bit further. Keep us posted on your progress!

Cheers -

Hal

braywood
11-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Hello Hal - thank you very much for the help - I am new to this, so welcome your support.
I apologize if this is common knowledge, but in my experience, there is confusion about Ireland and Northern Ireland, especially in North America.
What is generally accepted as Ireland, the big island west of Great Britain, is actually 2 countries; Northern Ireland is a portion to the North-East that is part of the United Kingdom (like Scotland, Wales, England) and the Republic of Ireland, about 3/4 of the island, an independent country that is part of the European Union, completely separate from Northern Ireland politically.
There is already an EAA Chapter in (the Republic of) Ireland, Chapter 1309 in Shannon. Unfortunately, it is a long way from Northern Ireland!!
Having said all that, I would welcome Irish or Northern Irish interest in a Chapter in this area; parts of Ireland are not far away from here.....
The lesson is over.
Mark

Hal Bryan
11-09-2011, 06:12 AM
An excellent refresher, Mark! To be "safe", I did include Ireland and the UK at large in the posting to cast a reasonably broader net - I should have been more clear in my reply. Regardless, here's hoping that some connections can be made!

Hal

britishcessna177
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I am a new member in the UK and wondered if there were chapters in the UK. I am going to oshkosh this year and was going to find out when I got there....

Janet Davidson
05-08-2012, 04:09 AM
You can have a quick check on here for Chapter listings. It wasn't working properly for me on this computer this morning, but normally you just select what you need & Bob's your Uncle - http://eaa.org/chapters/locator/

You'll find a good contingent of Brits when you get here :) Don't forget to sign up at the International Visitors tent & even join in the International Parade. Also the International Party is usually a good fun event.

See you here !

Trevor Janz
05-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Currently we do not have many chapters outside the USA. I am looking into why...and how we can move forward with offering chapters in other countries. I will keep you posted.

If you will be at AirVenture, please stop by the Learn to Fly Tent. I will be there during the show!

braywood
05-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I am a new member in the UK and wondered if there were chapters in the UK. I am going to oshkosh this year and was going to find out when I got there....

Hello BritishCessna177 - you are the first interest I have seen related to a UK Chapter!! I am about 30 miles north of Belfast, here in Northern Ireland, but I am near London quite regularly for Pietenpol Club meetings. I will keep you posted if there is sufficient interest for a Chapter here.
Mark