PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of garbage.......

Inspector Fenwick
08-01-2016, 11:26 AM
I am referring to the dumpsters along Wittman (the eastern-most, north south "street" on the airport during this event). Down around the ultralight area outdoor cafe', that dumpster was overflowing Friday morning. Not a pretty site. And the wind carried the trash away each time someone opened the lid. The porta potty guys did a great job servicing the heads, BUT thumbs down to the trash guys. That site was very UN-Oshkosh.

Got no other complaints. My 1 minute tent went up in 1 minute and withstood 6 nights, some of which were quite eventful, weather wise. I found a great steak house in XXXXXXXX, Wisconsin, a really bad BBQ sandwich at TJ's (how do you screw up a BBQ sandwich? Put all the fixin's, including the bread, into a blender with a half cup of water, that's how, then run it thru the Acme De-Flavorizing Machine). Planning on next year already.

I thought the numbers were up, significantly.

Floatsflyer
08-01-2016, 11:48 AM
I saw that very same dumpster on Friday afternoon at UL and thought the very same as you--how un-Oshkosh. Otherwise, the grounds were spotless.

PaulDow
08-01-2016, 08:04 PM
I found a great steak house in XXXXXXXX, Wisconsin,

I've got to ask...Did the forum software remove the name of the town? Does the town have any relationship with a famous test pilot? :rollseyes:

Inspector Fenwick
08-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I've got to ask...Did the forum software remove the name of the town? Does the town have any relationship with a famous test pilot? :rollseyes:

Well, as long as nobody else is listening, the town is Borth. The only thing there is the steakhouse. Hasses if I recall correctly. (Keep this under your helmet).