View Full Version : Award winners?

CraigCantwell
08-01-2016, 02:38 AM
It's Monday morning and I haven't been able to find a list of the award winners yet anywhere on the EAA website or in the forums either. I can't believe that the staff couldn't have taken a minute and cut and pasted the list at least on the forums on Saturday night after the presentations, for those of us that were not able to attend. :(

rwanttaja
08-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Well, I searched for "EAA Awards 2016" and found this site:

http://www.eaa.org.uk/about/news/2016/may/eaa-awards-2016-winners-announced/

Not *quite* what we were looking for, I think.....

Ron Wanttaja

CraigCantwell
08-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Nah Ron, not the ones we want.....:P I do find it aggravating that I get tons of emails every month from HQ for all sorts of stuff, but they don't seem to have the time to even do a cut and past of the winners list to their own forums. The list had to have been completed Saturday morning and how much effort is really needed to have popped it onto the forums within a couple of minutes after the awards were passed out? Here it is, mid afternoon on Monday and they still have not posted a list anywhere yet. I've managed to find out a few of the awards from other websites though.

Floatsflyer
08-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Ron, you didn't go one step further. If you click on that house, all the lindy aircraft winners are positioned inside with captions. I believe the house belongs to Jack.

Glory Aulik
08-02-2016, 09:39 AM
We are working to get them up on the website today. :)

John Craparo
08-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Dear Glory,

Any progress on this? Do you know if there will be access to any of the video taken during the various award ceremonies?

Thanks,
John

Mayhemxpc
08-03-2016, 04:37 PM
It is up on the website now. (Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.)

John Craparo
08-03-2016, 04:41 PM
http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-news/eaa-airventure-oshkosh/07-31-2016-2016-airventure-aircraft-awards

Floatsflyer
08-03-2016, 04:48 PM
It is up on the website now. (Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.)

Sorry Chris, but I like your 02, saw you flying last week at Osh-the black one- I think on Wednesday with a grey/silver 02. It's OK, maybe it's better to be a bridesmaid. Socrates actually said: "By all means marry. If you find a great women, you'll be a very happy man. If you don't, you'll become a philosopher.

Mayhemxpc
08-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Thank you. Yes, the black one. Flew in the airshow Tuesday. Departed Wednesday about 1 pm after the T-storms passed. I am sure that the winner spent a lot more time and money on cosmetics than I did, and I congratulate him for it. All my money goes to just keep the thing airworthy. I bought it for fun and to have something I can move my family around in. It accomplishes both -- and I still get the "Judges Appreciation" picture with plaque!

John Craparo
08-03-2016, 07:59 PM
There is a problem with how the awards were posted. It looks like different groups handed in their results using their own terminology and the list was merely posted without any editing. So some awards are listed as Grand Champion, others are listed as Lindy Gold and others just say Gold. This is spread against all levels and categories. Whomever posted, should take a look and clean it up.

Thanks,
John Craparo
Lifetime Member

MickYoumans
08-04-2016, 08:47 PM
http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-news/eaa-airventure-oshkosh/07-31-2016-2016-airventure-aircraft-awards
While it is nice to see the list of winners, it would be awesome if they had pictures to go with the list. If the airplane was special enough to win an award it should be deserving of a picture on the website too. It would show the rest of us where the bar is to aspire to.

skier
08-08-2016, 10:19 AM
While it is nice to see the list of winners, it would be awesome if they had pictures to go with the list. If the airplane was special enough to win an award it should be deserving of a picture on the website too. It would show the rest of us where the bar is to aspire to.

+1

I tried Googling each plane and the builder, but was only able to find photos of some of them.

n9144p
08-08-2016, 05:20 PM
It's not the homebuilders, but the vintage award pages come with pictures:
http://eaavintage.org/2016-vintage-awards-ceremony-congratulations/