PDA

View Full Version : Gravel or Pave Main Aisles in Grass Lots

spydergun45
07-31-2016, 09:44 AM
The main aisle in grass lots need paved or graveled. This is an improvement that's needed. Funding could be obtained through sponsors and naming the lots after sponsoring business or individuals. Families in particular would appreciate this. Walking to the bus in the mud with children isn't a pleasant experience.

mazdaP5
07-31-2016, 02:38 PM
Woodstock!

Kyle Boatright
07-31-2016, 03:44 PM
Those may be agricultural fields when the show isn't on. Cows can't graze on gravel/asphalt. ;-)

krw920
08-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Those may be agricultural fields when the show isn't on. Cows can't graze on gravel/asphalt. ;-)

The parking lots and campgrounds are not used for agricultural use outside Oshkosh week, just open fields. They do let the grass grow for the most part and cut and bale it a few weeks before the show.

FlyingRon
08-02-2016, 09:30 AM
That "grass" is likely an agricultural product. There's no need to bale clippings otherwise. Certainly the aircraft parking area is cropped. Hell Green Acres was still pretty much a corn field three months ago.

1600vw
08-02-2016, 10:58 AM
The owner of the airpark where I live bales some grass area's once a year. I asked him about this. He told me it has to do with taxes. If he did not bale these area's at least once a year the taxes would be different. It has to do with the classification of the land.