PDA

View Full Version : Take Off for Oshkosh 2016

Floatsflyer
07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Almost ready to go. Weather checked, VFR all the way for the northern route. Eapis filed for customs. Flightplan on standby. Fuel ordered and call made to pull the plane out of the hangar.

Wheels up tomorrow(Sat.)morning at 9:00am. Toronto Buttonville direct Drummond Island to clear customs. Very unique airport here, it's on a golf course with fairways on either side of the east/west runway. Look out for inattentive caddies and golf carts. Then direct to Green Bay where we put the plane to bed for the week. 4 hrs 12 mins flight time. Pick up the rental car and drive to the hotel in Appleton.

Safe flight with blue skies or driving to all. Let's hear your plans.

Tom Steber
07-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Safe travels! My brother who is a priest used to have the parish on Drummond Island years ago. Myself, I'll be driving back and forth all week from Green Bay where I live.

deftone
07-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Safe travels! I myself will be leaving for OSH in the next hour! Already impatient!!!

Mayhemxpc
07-22-2016, 06:37 PM
1445Z IFR arrival slot. Now if I can just remember when that is in local time I should be fine!

Joe Delene
07-23-2016, 04:14 AM
I'll be on the arrival Monday morning at 0720 or so, WX looks good,(Monday).

Floatsflyer
07-23-2016, 02:56 PM
We have arrived. Beautiful flight, unlimited everything along the route. And managed not to chew up any golfers at Drummond Island. Have a great week at Osh everybody. Enjoy!!

deftone
07-23-2016, 10:21 PM
I arrived tonight at about 8pm, ended up setting up the tent in the pouring rain!

Floatsflyer
07-29-2016, 11:19 PM
Leaving Osh to fly home tomorrow morning. 7 days of great fun and new experiences go by too quickly once again. Well, just 358 days and a winter to get through until we do it all over again. Here's lookin' at you Oshkosh 2017.

PaulDow
07-31-2016, 07:27 PM
According to Jack's recap of the week, it looks like the number aircraft flying in was up significantly this year. One factor I haven't heard that I think contributed to that is the lower cost of fuel. It looks like fuel cost will stay relatively low for a while. This reinforces that cost is a big factor in flying activity. Hopefully the eventual 100 LL replacement will be less expensive with reduced regulations from handling leaded fuel.

Ha. Reduced regulations. I crack me up!

FunInAviation
08-01-2016, 05:29 AM
We didn't make it this year. That darn job of mine got in way. (I need to retire). Here's an AirVenture 2017 countdown timer we put together for anyone interested:

http://www.funplacestofly.com/oshkosh-timer.asp