PDA

View Full Version : 2016 EAA Elections

Byron J. Covey
06-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Question for Jack Pelton:

Why is it necessary for members to attend the annual meeting to vote?

The IAC method seems to work well, and gives all members the opportunity to vote for their representatives.

Please establish a new voting procedure that provides for maximum member participation, transparency of process, and fairness.

Thank you.

Byron J. Covey
EAA 36946
IAC 596

wyoranch
06-28-2016, 08:30 AM
I have asked that question myself........
Rick

TedK
06-28-2016, 10:32 AM
This topic regularly comes up, but it is ignored by the Board.

I plan on querying in-person at the annual meeting.

Ted

DaleB
06-28-2016, 12:53 PM
It is indeed odd... I don't recall any other organization of which I've been a member that does not allow voting via mail or on line. No corporation in which I hold stock requires attendance at the annual meeting to vote either.

ssmdive
06-29-2016, 07:26 AM
They only want the "anointed ones" to vote. So they make it difficult. I am a member of many organizations a not a single one other than the EAA requires you to be present.

wyoranch
06-29-2016, 10:48 AM
They only want the "anointed ones" to vote. So they make it difficult. I am a member of many organizations a not a single one other than the EAA requires you to be present.
+1 We are the 'unwashed' and are incapable of knowing what is best for us. Total BULL$%&@.

deftone
06-29-2016, 10:45 PM
If everything was open and transparent then Jack Pelton and his cronies would be gone faster than you can spell Poberezny. It really is about time that we started to mobilize the membership to bring EAA back around to what it was always meant to be. I know with an organization as large as ours we cannot make everyone happy all of the time, but Jack's corporate culture needs to go.

lynnlpitts
06-30-2016, 05:49 AM
If everything was open and transparent then Jack Pelton and his cronies would be gone faster than you can spell Poberezny. It really is about time that we started to mobilize the membership to bring EAA back around to what it was always meant to be. I know with an organization as large as ours we cannot make everyone happy all of the time, but Jack's corporate culture needs to go.

I agree...EAA and AOPA have usurped us on medical reformed and grass roots aviation. I have no distaste for anyone but the total climate is just not there. Along with more regulation, forced ADS-B, and adversarial Control Towers, flying is just not fun anymore.