PDA

View Full Version : Exhibitors list

biggles1998
06-21-2016, 08:09 AM
HI.

Is it just me or does the exhibitor list just show a blank page? trying to get a full list so I can plan places I want to see..

cheers
mike

Glory Aulik
06-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Give this link a shot and let me know if it's still pulling blank: http://spirit.eaa.org/appscode/expocad/2016/default.html

You might need to disable a pop-up blocker.

wyoranch
06-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Comes up blank on my iPad.
rick

biggles1998
06-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Afraid it's the same here.. I get the eurofx header, but a blank webpage..

rwanttaja
06-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Comes up for me, on a PC...but it appears to be animated. If it's Flash, that may explain why the iPads can't read it.

Ah, for the good old days of text tables.....

Ron "Cover your ASCII" Wanttaja

DaleB
06-21-2016, 04:26 PM
That's about the dumbest and most annoying way I have seen yet to publish an exhibitor map & list.

Mike Switzer
06-21-2016, 05:12 PM
Comes up for me, on a PC...but it appears to be animated. If it's Flash, that may explain why the iPads can't read it.

I had to remove Flash, it was causing way too many problems - both performance & security related. I wish people would quit using it, there are many better options available.

rwanttaja
06-21-2016, 05:25 PM
That's about the dumbest and most annoying way I have seen yet to publish an exhibitor map & list.
Does seem to be a gawdawful way to get to a point where a simple table of vendors is shown.

Ironically, the first name that came up when I entered the page is "Big Ass Fans." :-)

Ron "Thread bleed" Wanttaja

DaleB
06-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Does seem to be a gawdawful way to get to a point where a simple table of vendors is shown.

Especially if iPads & iPhones can't display the thing -- it will render it useless to a significant percentage of the pilot population if they try to use it at Airventure.You just have to wonder what they were thinking.

deftone
06-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Opens ok for me on firefox, although seems a little slow. I can see what they were trying to shoot for with the fancy interactive map, but it really is poorly executed if those who try and open it on a mobile device only get a blank page. I hope the airventure app stays away from this type of thing.

biggles1998
06-22-2016, 01:12 AM
oh. at least we got the bottom of the issue, must admit that in the current security circles using flash seems to be a step backward.

ill try the firefox route.

is anyone able to post a image file ? or vendor list?

rwanttaja
06-22-2016, 07:17 AM
is anyone able to post a image file ? or vendor list?
Tried in a couple of ways. It's possible to display a table with all the vendors, but I couldn't find a way to save or print it. There's a PDF output, but it is apparently just the map with no vendor data.

Ron "Must...resist...sarcastic...comment about EAA getting member feedback FIRST" Wanttaja

rwanttaja
06-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Glory, any chance EAA will come up with a "Mobile" version of the Exhibitor page, that might be I-thing compatible and perhaps quicker to load?

Ron Wanttaja

Kyle Boatright
06-22-2016, 09:19 PM
It works for me on Internet Explorer 10, but... yeesh...

VFR-on-top
06-22-2016, 11:06 PM
I have to admit, that page is out of the '90s. :(

Glory Aulik
06-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Glory, any chance EAA will come up with a "Mobile" version of the Exhibitor page, that might be I-thing compatible and perhaps quicker to load?

Ron Wanttaja

There will be an exhibitor list on the EAA App for AirVenture. They will show in an alphabetized list and PDF maps, so it will be able to be read on all devices. We're looking at a release of the app within the next couple weeks!

Mike Switzer
06-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Why does everyone have to do things on an app? A lot of people either don't have smart phones, or aren't allowed to install unapproved apps on their employer issued phones. A web link with a downloadable pdf file can be used by anyone with internet access.

DaleB
06-23-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm with Mike. The first time I attended AV, I downloaded the Android app. It didn't work well at all on my phone; everything was black text on dark blue background. The map never did work the entire time. The next time I had a corporate iPhone; unapproved apps verboten. If there's an app for people to use, great -- but having that stuff in PDF or text form should be a priority.

I'm not trying to slam EAA for this either. I've attended conferences, they all have their own app, and the app usually has enough problems to be a liability rather than an advantage. And they're pretty much all worthless if you don't have a supported device or don't have connectivity.

VFR-on-top
06-23-2016, 10:39 PM
but having that stuff in PDF or text form should be a priority.

Agreed! Especially for copy and paste needs. KISS rules. Thank you.