PDA

View Full Version : 40 Days!

Zack Baughman
06-14-2016, 12:21 PM

Santy Perez
06-14-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm very anxious! First time in Airventure, first time in USA!

Hope to meet you there!!

wltrmtty
06-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Hey, Santy, that's pretty exciting! Welcome ahead of time. I hope it's everything you want it to be.

deftone
06-16-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm very anxious! First time in Airventure, first time in USA!Hope to meet you there!!You picked a great first destination in the US!!

gbrasch
06-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Less than 40 if you go early! ;)

keen9
06-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Less than 40 if you go early! ;)

Those of us who aren't retired only get to arrive one day early!

Joe Delene
06-19-2016, 03:23 PM
I have the time off work and will be there, early in the week.

psvinny
06-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Zack. Does that mean we can start pestering you about the webcams?

Tom Steber
06-20-2016, 05:07 AM
Zach. Does that mean we can start pestering you about the webcams?
Was thinking it, but thought better not to.

obmaha
06-21-2016, 05:16 AM
Looked good over the weekend. Always strange to see it so quiet. The calm before the storm

Santy Perez
06-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Those of us who aren't retired only get to arrive one day early!

I will arrive one day early, because we are visiting From Argentina! Departing at July 22 😄

skyfixer8
07-02-2016, 03:33 PM
I gotta put my two cents in here about Camp Schoeller. I just got back home (Yooper) from going to stake my claim to a site there. Will be going back before Airventure starts. I noticed all the new power/water/sewer sites. I was told 125 new sites. IMHO, looks like in the future, all us poor folk that tent camp are gonna have to set up near the highway 41. More to come next year ?? I guess EAA needs the money.

Bill L

FlyingRon
07-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Is that the gate at the Hilton?

psvinny
07-02-2016, 07:42 PM
When Jack Pelton took over I thought the EAA was going to think about the grass roots members. Now you Have to be a lottery winner to afford camping. With premium camping taking more and more of Camp Scholler us peons must arrive earlier and earlier to get a good spot. As the years go by my health does not permit me to be so far back. Many in our group are in the same boat so it seems they don't care about us unless we have money. I guess they have to pay for 3EB that many of us could care less about.

RC Gregg
07-03-2016, 02:44 PM
One other issue is campers taking up way more real estate than they need. I saw a circle of rv's last year with enough space in between them to play arena football.

LooneyBird
07-05-2016, 02:13 PM
20 days, kids and I are looking forward to this years show!

skyfixer8
07-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Trying to figure out green tram routing on new map. Is it running through the camp ground around the fence or inside the fence ? And where does it turn around ?

glider90
07-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Skyfixer, I went and looked at the 2015 and new 2016 Camp Scholler Maps. I too am a poor tent camper so I was concerned. It looks to me that the new Water/Electric sites fill in the gap between the previous water/electric sites which were 24 hour generator areas already. There were really no tent camping there in the past anyway. They did not expand the generator areas either. If they eventually want to make all of the 24 hour generator areas full hookup and charge more that is fine by me, less generator noise:) I think there are many people asking for full hookups. As long as they do not start going east of Doolittle which is tent camping heaven, I am ok with what they are doing.

The Green tram is the one that runs from the control tower, to the bus park, and then to the fly market. At least that is what the newest map I can find says. It is labeled 2015, did you get a printed 2016 map in your camping package that is different than what is on the web?

skyfixer8
07-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Glider, I brought up the new map on here under Airventure section.and also it shows on new app I loaded to I phone. Both hard to see where lines go.

Wrongway Feldman
07-06-2016, 10:16 AM
glider90,

You are partially correct.
The Green tram route is from the control tower to the bus park and back.
The Green tram is the only tram that exits and enters a AirVenture grounds gate.
The 2015 grounds map uses a darker green line to indicate the Green tram route.
The 2015 grounds map uses a lighter green line to indicate the camp Scholler bus route.
(Check AirVenture Transportation Key) on 2015 grounds map.
I do not know where the camp Scholler bus drop off and pickup locations are.
The above info is based on the 2015 grounds map.
This is how they have been doing it in the past.
We will not know for sure until the 2016 grounds map becomes available.

Buses are used outside of the AirVenture grounds.
Excerpt from 2016 Camping Guide.
BUSES & SHUTTLES
Buses circulate throughout Camp Scholler on Saturday,
July 23, through Saturday, July 30, from 6:15 a.m. to
midnight and on Sunday, July 31. Shuttles to off-site
locations are available at the West Camp Store (corner of
Stits Road and Schaick Avenue in Camp Scholler), at the
North 40 near the Hilton Gate, and at the Bus Park on the
AirVenture grounds (north of the Main Gate, near
Waukau Avenue).
Link to 2016 Camping Guide (https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/eaa-camping-information/camp-scholler/~/media/bfa459aec7e14283ac9dd83f13fa3e8d.ashx)

glider90
07-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Here is the one I keep finding, which is in the 2016 section but is the 2015 version:
http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/planyourtrip/av15_visitorsmap.pdf
The campground bus route (to me) is yellow? Do we have a different map or a monitor/color confusion? :)

skyfixer8
07-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Glider, here is the tram schedule that has me confused (easy to do the older I get ). http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/trams-and-shuttles/trams

glider90
07-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Glider, here is the tram schedule that has me confused (easy to do the older I get ). http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/trams-and-shuttles/trams
Yep, me too. I read the same thing. I think that is the same tram that runs over to the corner gate of the fly market near the exhibit buildings and you can jump off and head into camp. Will know for sure once we arrive!
My next biggest question is whether Jerry Sleger will return for his umpteenth "final year". If not I hope they park his van still and play the CD's.

Wrongway Feldman
07-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Here is the one I keep finding, which is in the 2016 section but is the 2015 version:
http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/planyourtrip/av15_visitorsmap.pdf
The campground bus route (to me) is yellow? Do we have a different map or a monitor/color confusion? :)

My eyes do not see some color shades very well and I do have a older monitor.
Yes, you are right, the campground bus route is yellow.
I am looking at the same 2015 version / Grounds map as you.

The below underlined statement is ether something new or a typo.

Green Tram (noon to 8 p.m.) – Route from FAA Control Tower to the Bus park to the Fly Market Gate serves as a convenience for departing attendees.

I have never seen or heard of the Green Tram heading south to the fly market gate from the bus park.
The Green Tram route in past years went from the control tower to the bus park and back.
Could be something new added this year.
My hunch it is a typo because there is no public parking over at the fly market for departing attendees.
The blue lot public parking and handicap parking is right next to the bus park.
Unless a decision was made to help camp Scholler residents get back to their camp sites by dropping them off at the fly market.
If it is true they added a fly market drop off/pickup to the Green tram route, it would most likely be inside the AirVenture Convention grounds gates.
We will have to wait until the 2016 Grounds map becomes available to see if a route to the fly market was added.

Wrongway Feldman
07-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Yep, me too. I read the same thing. I think that is the same tram that runs over to the corner gate of the fly market near the exhibit buildings and you can jump off and head into camp. Will know for sure once we arrive!
My next biggest question is whether Jerry Sleger will return for his umpteenth "final year". If not I hope they park his van still and play the CD's. The tram you mentioned in your post is the South RED tram route. Check illustration (http://eaaforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3118&d=1374377675)
The Red dot on the route, in between Exhibit building hangars B & D is the drop off and pickup location..

glider90
07-06-2016, 01:48 PM
The tram you mentioned in your post is the South RED tram route. Check illustration (http://eaaforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3118&d=1374377675)
The Red dot on the route, in between Exhibit building hangars B & D is the drop off and pickup location..

Yep, I agree, I was combining the red and green based on the typed statement. I would like to see a tram drop campers off near the fly market exit if logistically possible this year. Will be something to watch for to see if it is a typo or a new addition.
Thanks.

Wrongway Feldman
07-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Yep, I agree, I was combining the red and green based on the typed statement. I would like to see a tram drop campers off near the fly market exit if logistically possible this year. Will be something to watch for to see if it is a typo or a new addition.
Thanks. I guess it is not a typo.
They added a southern leg to the Green Tram Route.
The AV16 Grounds Map is Posted (http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/av16-visitors-grounds-map.pdf).
Looks like there are Drop offs and pick-ups at the Main Admissions Gate and the Fly Market Gate on the new Southern leg.
It could get a little congested on that Southern leg, along with the seaplane base and the Campground Scholler buses.
Thanks for the convenience EAA!

LooneyBird
07-15-2016, 01:48 PM
10 days! What are you most interested in seeing this year?