PDA

View Full Version : aircraft parking versus camping and fees

SBrunz
06-11-2016, 02:36 PM
My husband and a friend would like to fly into EAA this year and have me pull a trailer down to stay in at Camp Scholler. The question is two fold. Where do they have you park your airplane if not airplane camping and is there a charge? We tried calling EAA and they said we had to pay the fee for airplane camping even if we did not camp. That means we would have a camping fee for parking the airplane and camping in a trailer at camp Scholler. Does anyone know if this is the case? Thanks

Auburntsts
06-11-2016, 04:02 PM
There is no fee to just park. Where you'd park depends partly on your aircraft type (experimental, vintage, warbird, or standard category) and partly on your preference as some aircraft can park in multiple areas.

SBrunz
06-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Airplane is a Cherokee 6

TedK
06-11-2016, 06:39 PM
It's easy. Let your husband drag the trailer to Scholler. Park the airplane where it belongs and, trust me, some good natured volunteer will load you and your gear on a Gator or cart and deliver you to Husband's campsite in Scholler.

Jeff Point
06-11-2016, 07:39 PM
You got some bad info. There is no charge to park your airplane at Oshkosh if you are not camping with it. You will most likely be parked in the North 40 area along runway 9/27. If your Cherokee qualifies as Vintage than you could park in that area, much closer to the action.