PDA

View Full Version : Can any members help me out??

Gary Newton
05-13-2016, 07:47 AM
https://www.gofundme.com/2366xb8

Thanks!

1600vw
05-13-2016, 08:24 AM
While I feel your plight. Most won't even give to those with medical needs, let alone those who want to play in the 1% club, as the general public views the thing we call aviation. One of the many reasons GA is going...Bye-Bye. Then with all the political garbage going one. The writing is on the wall.

HAS

FlyingRon
05-13-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'm so inclined to give money to someone who shows up here and his one and only made post made immediately after joining is asking for money allegedly for flying lessons (and in an inappropriate area of the forum to boot).

gbrasch
05-13-2016, 09:41 AM
My son is following in my footsteps in helicopter flight school, please send money :D My sarcastic comment aside, we don't know anything about the OP (because he hasn't told us anything), so if I assume he is a broke young person, I give him credit for trying this.

martymayes
05-13-2016, 12:12 PM
My son is following in my footsteps in helicopter flight school, please send money :D

Has he tried standing at the freeway exit ramp with a cardboard sign?? I hear if you wear a propeller beanie hat it really pulls in the donations......

Gary Newton
05-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Gee friend, I'm really sorry. I am totally new to all of this. I am not tryin to scam anybody here! I sincerely want to learn to fly and be a part of this thing we call aviation. Please don't be too quick to judge me.

Gary Newton
05-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Just a tad rude? But somewhat funny I suppose.

Mike Switzer
05-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Try this:

http://www.rucker.army.mil/

Byron J. Covey
05-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Gee friend, I'm really sorry. I am totally new to all of this. I am not tryin to scam anybody here! I sincerely want to learn to fly and be a part of this thing we call aviation. Please don't be too quick to judge me.

Many of us prefer the traditional way: Get an education (free to you through grade 12, compliments of land owners and working people - you are welcome), learn a skill, dedicate yourself to doing the very best job that you can, work hard, take care of you family, set aside an appropriate amount for your kid's education and your retirement, then use what might be left to pay your own way. That system worked for many years, until the arrival of professional politicians who have sold their souls in order to stay in power by getting non-producers to vote for them.

BJC

griffin800
05-13-2016, 07:08 PM
As Mike mentioned, join the military, they are actively seeking people. Many if not most military bases have flying clubs that offer greatly reduced rates for learning to fly. And while you're at it you might learn something worthwhile while you're there.

Bill H.

wyoranch
05-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Do like all of us did, work for it one way or another. I worked as a line boy, cleaning offices at night and drove a Volkswagen Beetle with no brakes or a floorboard to rest my feet on because I wanted it. Others joined the service. I took a second job because I want to join the ranks of HOMEBUILDERS. I am sorry folks, I have no patience for people who ask for handouts just because, to the needy and truly deserving I would crawl on broken glass to help. I really don't know why this post offends me so much, perhaps it is the fact that there is no background whatsoever.......
Rick
EDIT: I would like to quit my jobs, but I would still like everyone to pay for my Zenith, you guys ok with that? I am going to get my gofundme setup before I go to bed. Is there a gofundme for labor? I figure I might well get others to do that part as well.
My sincerest apologies to all of you, but the audacity is really chapping my rear end

wyoranch
05-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Many of us prefer the traditional way: Get an education (free to you through grade 12, compliments of land owners and working people - you are welcome), learn a skill, dedicate yourself to doing the very best job that you can, work hard, take care of you family, set aside an appropriate amount for your kid's education and your retirement, then use what might be left to pay your own way. That system worked for many years, until the arrival of professional politicians who have sold their souls in order to stay in power by getting non-producers to vote for them.

BJC
BJC,
You nailed it!!!
Thank you
Rick

Gary Newton
05-14-2016, 12:28 AM
I'm just a tad old for the military at 61!

Gary Newton
05-14-2016, 12:31 AM
I am a former California contractor..40 years worth! I also produce records, play bass in a local band, write songs, and have accomplished many other things besides. I like to say I am an ongoing student of the university of hard knocks. What else I can do? Lots I guess, but please don't put me down for lack of a "higher" education!

Gary Newton
05-14-2016, 12:34 AM
You sound like a fellow with a generous heart.

Gary Newton
05-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Well...I am retired now. I have a serious back injury. ( but I can still fly)....there's not a lot I can do to generate income, but rest assured, I am doing all I can. The last money I made was for producing a record for a local band, and at $10.00 per hr it didn't go far. I AM trying my best. I'm looking or a "hand up" not a hand out. Thanks for your comments.

Gary Newton
05-14-2016, 12:43 AM
Yeah, maybe I am looking for a shortcut to getting airborne, but I don't have that many years left. Frankly, I am feeling tired of this whole endeavor, and am considering giving up...Is that what many of you would like to see me do? It sure sounds like it. Are there NO positive things you can say? How about some encouragement? That would be a refreshing change.

VFR-on-top
05-14-2016, 03:36 AM
Yeah, maybe I am looking for a shortcut to getting airborne, but I don't have that many years left. Frankly, I am feeling tired of this whole endeavor, and am considering giving up...Is that what many of you would like to see me do? It sure sounds like it. Are there NO positive things you can say? How about some encouragement? That would be a refreshing change.

With all due respect, a gofundme request is the ultimate "starting off on the wrong foot move", an instaban in some groups I admin. It's nothing personal. The other thing, the politics thing here isn't favoring you. I would suggest you look into ultralight flying and other low cost approaches and ignore any naysaying thrown at you as you go about it. Views of many a pilot are fixed and you would not benefit from them. Brush off the comments made here and go your own way. Good luck.

Gary Newton
05-14-2016, 05:24 AM
With all due respect, a gofundme request is the ultimate "starting off on the wrong foot move", an instaban in some groups I admin. It's nothing personal. The other thing, the politics thing here isn't favoring you. I would suggest you look into ultralight flying and other low cost approaches and ignore any naysaying thrown at you as you go about it. Views of many a pilot are fixed and you would not benefit from them. Brush off the comments made here and go your own way. Good luck.

Thank you for the good words. I am such a newbie at this I need all the good help and advice I can get!:)

wyoranch
05-14-2016, 08:02 AM
I agree that the go fund me was the worst first post you could ever use. Now that we have some information, I am sure people here will come up with some ideas.

wyoranch
05-14-2016, 08:03 AM
You sound like a fellow with a generous heart.
please clarify as to who that was directed at. And remember sarcasm does not always transfer from your head to your fingers.

FlyingRon
05-14-2016, 08:19 PM
As Mike mentioned, join the military, they are actively seeking people. Many if not most military bases have flying clubs that offer greatly reduced rates for learning to fly. And while you're at it you might learn something worthwhile while you're there.

Bill H.

This was certainly the case back when I was at APG 25 years ago, but at least for the Army most of the rec activity flying clubs have been closed down.

gbrasch
05-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Looks like another attempt in "Hangar Talk" here: http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?6656-Help-from-members&p=55365#post55365