PDA

View Full Version : Thorp T-18 with a V-tail?

billyvray
04-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Way back when, I seem to recall seeing an article in Sport Aviation (maybe it was another mag, but I doubt it) about a Thorp T-18 with a V-tail. I want to say it was green and the plane had the moniker "Green Apple" or something to that effect.

I've searched the archives for various combinations of searches and come up with nothing. Is there any change someone recalls this or could help me find the article or pictures?

Bill in GA

martymayes
04-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Way back when, I seem to recall seeing an article in Sport Aviation (maybe it was another mag, but I doubt it) about a Thorp T-18 with a V-tail. I want to say it was green and the plane had the moniker "Green Apple" or something to that effect.

I've searched the archives for various combinations of searches and come up with nothing. Is there any change someone recalls this or could help me find the article or pictures?

Bill in GAThe n- number is N23GA if that will help. It's a lot more than a T-18 with a V tail. The official designator is Greenapples AT 19

cluttonfred
05-01-2016, 03:42 PM
This excerpt (attached) from the T-18 Newsletter should help.

rsrguy3
03-04-2023, 07:38 AM
Blowing the dust off and Cracking this one open... I heard it was extensively modded... anyone have any ideas aside from the newsletter what mods? Was it the wide body? Performance?
Which sport aviation was it in?

rsrguy3
03-04-2023, 07:53 AM
The forum won't allow me to upload a screeshot... says the file is too big, is that a joke? Anyway here is a link.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1111359