PDA

View Full Version : IMC Club Membership

Auburntsts
02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
So if IMC Club members were granted EAA membership are EAA members now IMC club members?

Glory Aulik
02-15-2016, 09:02 AM
You got it! If you are an EAA member, you're automatically an IMC club member as well.

For more information here is the IMC webpage: https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-communities-and-interests/imc-club

Auburntsts
02-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Ok that's good to know. Now I need to figure out how to log onto the IMC club website. It doesn't recognize my EAA logon, or my EAA listed email. If I click on Join now it takes me to the EAA website to renew my current membership. So what's the process to get access?

Glory Aulik
02-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Hmm... well it shouldn't be doing that. I would try logging into your EAA account as you normally would (top right of webpage). Once you're logged in, you should be able to access all of the information under the IMC club page.

Let me know if this works or not.

Auburntsts
02-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Hmm... well it shouldn't be doing that. I would try logging into your EAA account as you normally would (top right of webpage). Once you're logged in, you should be able to access all of the information under the IMC club page.

Let me know if this works or not.

No dice. I've tried that. Neither my EAA user ID nor my listed email allows me to access member content.

Glory Aulik
02-15-2016, 11:50 AM
No dice. I've tried that. Neither my EAA user ID nor my listed email allows me to access member content.

Looking into this - I'll get you an answer ASAP.

rwanttaja
02-15-2016, 08:07 PM
So if IMC Club members were granted EAA membership are EAA members now IMC club members?
I hope not. I've got a reputation to uphold! :-)

(just kidding, by the way....)

Ron Wanttaja

Radek.cfi
02-16-2016, 08:06 AM
So if IMC Club members were granted EAA membership are EAA members now IMC club members? Great and valid question. The answer would be: potentially yes but not automatically. From November 2nd of last year the IMC Club program is available at no charge to all EAA members but they have to elect to participate in the meetings.

Radek.cfi
02-16-2016, 08:14 AM
Login to the imcclubs.org is non-essential at this time as most of the resources are going to link you back to the EAA website anyway. All members who were registered there before Nov 2, 2015 can still do it for convenience but will be redirected to the EAA website afterwards. You should be able to register your EAA membership for login to your EAA account and be able to access all IMC Club resources there on the EAA website. In fact the original imcclubs.org website will be turned off completely over a period of time.

kentth
02-27-2016, 09:58 PM
I would like to register for the IMC Club, but once I log into the EAA site and then hit join EAA IMC, it just takes me to a general membership page, and there is no place to register fro the IMC Club. I would like to get registered, so I can register in the "Find someone to fly with" section. I amcurrently working on my Instrument rating and am hoping to connect up with others as a safety pilot and who could be a safety pilot for me.

Glory Aulik
02-29-2016, 08:53 AM
I would like to register for the IMC Club, but once I log into the EAA site and then hit join EAA IMC, it just takes me to a general membership page, and there is no place to register fro the IMC Club. I would like to get registered, so I can register in the "Find someone to fly with" section. I amcurrently working on my Instrument rating and am hoping to connect up with others as a safety pilot and who could be a safety pilot for me.

If you're an existing EAA member, you're automatically registered for IMC Club. Try logging into your EAA account online and confirming your EAA member number is entered under your account information. Once you are logged in, you will have access to all IMC Club information.

Radek.cfi
03-02-2016, 02:45 PM

Ken, the registration for IMC Club within your profile should be active some time within next few weeks. Our IT department is working hard to get all the projects competed and the IMC Club is not the only one ;-)

As far as the registration for the SAFEBOOK... it is a little more involved. We are moving the entire database from our old IMC Club servers to EAA. I will let everyone know once it is complited. For now we can only search for people who signed up before November 2nd

TOMMYFANK
04-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Ken, the registration for IMC Club within your profile should be active some time within next few weeks. Our IT department is working hard to get all the projects competed and the IMC Club is not the only one ;-)

As far as the registration for the SAFEBOOK... it is a little more involved. We are moving the entire database from our old IMC Club servers to EAA. I will let everyone know once it is complited. For now we can only search for people who signed up before November 2nd

What is SAFEBOOK?

Chippy
05-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Does anyone have a status on the website that would allow us to sign up for IMC Club? We are a new club at KHTL and I am trying to keep the members up to date on when we can actually register.

Radek.cfi
05-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have a status on the website that would allow us to sign up for IMC Club? We are a new club at KHTL and I am trying to keep the members up to date on when we can actually register.

Chippy, thank you! A very good question. Our IT is working on it as we speak. I don't want to make any promises here but I hope there will be an additional checkbox in everybody's profile to mark "IMC Club Member" no later then by the AirVenture 2016. To create that box itself is apparently very easy but to be able to use that information in the future, that is the challenge to connect it to appropriate database. They already were able to design a very nice Chapter Map with IMC Clubs on them: http://www.eaa.org/apps/chapters/chaptermap.aspx (http://www.eaa.org/apps/chapters/chaptermap.aspx) have you seen it yet?

Chippy
05-11-2016, 11:38 AM
I have seen that and we have started our own club but it seems like some of the benefits may not be available without actually being a registered member of the IMC Club.

Radek.cfi
05-17-2016, 12:58 PM
What is SAFEBOOK?

Tommy, SAFEBOOK is our database with pilots willing to serve as a safety pilots for others. It is in the IMC Club member resource page and you can search by ZIP, distance and some other criteria.

Brent
06-08-2016, 06:48 PM
New question: Can someone who is not an EAA National member be a member of the IMC club. In other words, do we require EAA membership to participate (other than as a guest)?

Brent
06-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Are IMC members required to be EAA members? Our chapter is sponsoring am IMC club and paying $300/year to provide meeting space. While we know Chapter membership is not required it seems that national EAA membership is required. Please let us know the requirements.

Glory Aulik
06-09-2016, 07:07 AM
New question: Can someone who is not an EAA National member be a member of the IMC club. In other words, do we require EAA membership to participate (other than as a guest)?

Hi Brent - Great question!

Yes, in order to be an IMC member you must join EAA. However, if you are already and EAA member you are automatically an IMC member.

Does that answer your question?

Lrrryo
08-02-2016, 01:00 PM
So,

Is there a IMC club web site? Very confusing... chapters, forums... what's the relationship?

Tom Gilmore
11-17-2016, 09:03 AM
At the main EAA homepage, click the dropdown menu from the top "Aviation Interests" you will see the IMC Club listed near the bottom. It takes you to the exclusive IMC Club area of interests and information. There is a lot of great information there including videos and reference material. As we are getting into winter flying, I highly recommend the Accident Case study video that is put out by the AOPA on the TBM accident. It is a chilling (no pun intended) reminder of how even an experienced pilot ended up in a fatal accident that killed all five onboard. I plan on showing this at my next IMC Club meeting in December 2016.

Glory Aulik
11-18-2016, 08:25 AM
Here is all of the information on the EAA website for IMC club!

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-communities-and-interests/imc-club

Lrrryo
11-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Here is all of the information on the EAA website for IMC club!

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-communities-and-interests/imc-club

Glory and Tom,

Thanks for that link, now much clearer.
Tom, good point about the TBM accident. It's still amazing how a competent pilot can just let the plane stall. And it's happened many times.

2ndsegment
04-30-2020, 11:21 AM
I am a new EAA member with registration also for the Forum separately. My interest in most things today is to reduce in scale and update my ability to create and operate digital models of aircraft flight what I worked on at Douglas aircraft and United Technologies from 1965 to 1981. As NavStar had just launched and GPS was in the future in that era my technology was that of the B-52 and later the F-4 Phantom. I have a new book from the Naval Institute Press "Hot Spot of Invention, Charles Stark Draper, MIT, and the Development of Inertial Guidance and Navigation" by Thomas Wildenberg, copyright 2019 that eventually explains PIGAs, GIGAs, and that manner of strap down inertial that provides insight into the kind of accelerometer MIMs in today's telephones and digital tablets. I witnessed ILS go from CAT I to CAT II to CAT III on the DC-9. Auto land today? Amazing!! What else is new. I am amazed even more by vacuum powered gyros in GA.