PDA

View Full Version : Electromag Model 100 Anyone know about installation?

Smilin" Jack
02-09-2016, 09:29 AM
I am doing a Condition Inspection on a LYC 0320-E2D, and had to pull the engine and accessory case to replace the Crankshaft Gear Bolt and Locking Washer. It was the dreaded prop strike due to nose gear collapse will turning at idle rpm. The engine has one Bendix mag and an electronic ignition unit in place of the left mag... an Electromag Model 100. This unit is from the 1990's. I am looking for someone with either the Manual or experience in the installation of same. Can you help?

Tuesday Feb 16, 2016 OK, here is an update... I have not had a reply as yet, so here is what I am thinking to try: Electronic Ignition will be shown as EI

First, install the spark plug to the harness lead #1 only, turn on the ignition, turn the gear until the #1 plug sparks, turn off ignition. Then with the engine timing mark in firing position, install the EI onto engine, check range of adjustment of EI(and reinstall if needed to get proper adjust range), then rotate engine to get spark plug to fire at proper timing, tighten down holding lugs on EI, check timing again, and when on 25 degrees BTC turn off ignition. Install all EI plugs and see how engine runs. I will let you know if this works well.