PDA

View Full Version : Tierra owner needs advice

Vulcan1
11-14-2015, 12:37 PM
I purchased an older Tierra, I'm have a belt drive system and there are two (1 inch belts), but the manual has reference to a single (2 inch) belt. Which is the perfered belt system? 2. Instrument panel.. on the side or across the front, and clear or solid material. Any suggestion on replacing the cabin enclosure?

flyrgreen
11-22-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm assuming a previous owner installed 2 belts for safety; in case one breaks the other gets you home. At which time you Replace Both Belts! That said, the pulleys that the belts are on -- one on the crankshaft & one on the prop shaft -- MUST be perfectly aligned with each other, perfectly parallel. If not, the belts will have a tendency to work themselves over to the 'looser' side. Then they will be rubbing against each other's edges. Short belt life coming right up! Depending on the design of the pulley bracket, easier said than done.

Dana
11-22-2015, 02:34 PM
I assume you're talking about a poly-v belt (like the serpentine belt on cars). If so, the side belts can be hard to find, so many people use two narrower ones, which is fine. They do have to be identical, and replaced at the same time.

Dana

Vulcan1
11-24-2015, 10:25 AM
That is good information. I will make sure to check alignment. thanks