PDA

View Full Version : EAA Finally Names CEO

Floatsflyer
11-10-2015, 07:26 PM
....And he was in plain view for 3 years. Congrats Jack.

http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/11/10/pelton-named-eaa-ceo/#more-97972

Byron J. Covey
11-10-2015, 08:14 PM
....And he was in plain view for 3 years. Congrats Jack.

http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/11/10/pelton-named-eaa-ceo/#more-97972

Good selection.

But why do we read this in general aviation news rather than an announcement via email, or a posting here, directly from the EAA?

BJC

Floatsflyer
11-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Good selection.

But why do we read this in general aviation news rather than an announcement via email, or a posting here, directly from the EAA?

BJC

It's on the EAA website and we'll see it on the EAA electronic bulletin that goes out to members every 7-10 days or so.

Byron J. Covey
11-11-2015, 06:40 AM
It's on the EAA website and we'll see it on the EAA electronic bulletin that goes out to members every 7-10 days or so.

My espectation is that, as a member of the organization, I be informed of significant changes in the organization a soon as possible. With the communication methods available today, having to go to the EAA web site and or wait 7-10 days for an email is not acceptable.

Forum moderator / EAA employee. Please pass this along to the new CEO.

Thanks,

BJC

Hal Bryan
11-11-2015, 08:09 AM
My espectation is that, as a member of the organization, I be informed of significant changes in the organization a soon as possible. With the communication methods available today, having to go to the EAA web site and or wait 7-10 days for an email is not acceptable.

Forum moderator / EAA employee. Please pass this along to the new CEO.

Thanks,

BJC

Hi Byron -

This was news was posted to our website simultaneously with the press release that went out Monday afternoon, and we shared it with our Facebook and Twitter audiences at the same time. Those are far and away our biggest and most-trafficked touchpoints, and

Our electronic newsletter, e-Hotline, goes out every Thursday (not every 7-10 days, sorry Floats! ;) ) to recap the updates to our website that week and, obviously, the leadership update will be the top story tomorrow.

As far as sending a special email blast to our members, I'll pass that along, but I can tell you that those who want more email rather than less are in the minority.

In answer to your original question as to why Floats saw it on GA News before seeing it on our site is that he went to their website first.

Best,

Hal

Floatsflyer
11-11-2015, 09:01 AM
In answer to your original question as to why Floats saw it on GA News before seeing it on our site is that he went to their website first.

Best,

Hal

Bingo! Are you living in my house somewhere?

Byron J. Covey
11-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Hi Byron -

This was news was posted to our website simultaneously with the press release that went out Monday afternoon, and we shared it with our Facebook and Twitter audiences at the same time. Those are far and away our biggest and most-trafficked touchpoints, and

Our electronic newsletter, e-Hotline, goes out every Thursday (not every 7-10 days, sorry Floats! ;) ) to recap the updates to our website that week and, obviously, the leadership update will be the top story tomorrow.

As far as sending a special email blast to our members, I'll pass that along, but I can tell you that those who want more email rather than less are in the minority.

Best,

Hal

Thank you Hal.

I do think that the vast majority of EAA members would appreciate an email from EAA when such significant events occur.

BJC

skyfixer8
11-11-2015, 12:44 PM
WOW, you guys get electronic bulletins from EAA ? Been a member for longer than I can remember and never got one of those.

Floatsflyer
11-11-2015, 01:06 PM
WOW, you guys get electronic bulletins from EAA ? Been a member for longer than I can remember and never got one of those.

Call member services to ensure they have your proper email address.

Hal Bryan
11-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Bingo! Are you living in my house somewhere?

How better to keep an eye on you, my friend?

Byron J. Covey
11-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Hi Byron -

Best,

Hal

Just got another email from EAA offering me another opportunity to donate .... but nothing about the CEO.

BJC

PaulDow
11-14-2015, 05:08 PM
After the web site redesign a while ago, it looks like the menu selection to get to the newsletter subscription page is difficult to get to. It should be under News, but if you click on that, it opens the current press releases. You need to hover on News so the popup menu apppears, which may not work on tablets, phones, and computers with Flash or Java (not sure which) is disabled.
The direct address where you can choose which EAA newsletters you get is at:
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-and-aviation-news/eaa-aviation-newsletters

Frank Giger
11-17-2015, 02:00 AM
Is this an extreme version of "Welcome to the new boss, same as the old boss?"

:)

Seriously, I'm glad they got Jack to formally commit to the job in title as well as deed.