PDA

View Full Version : Building World's Largest Database

jimdc8
10-22-2011, 11:05 PM
www.homebuiltdirectory.com

Brand new free site to post your homebuilt aircraft.

jimdc8
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
www.homebuiltdirectory.com (http://www.homebuiltdirectory.com) now has homebuilder's chatrooms with scheduled chats throughout the week...check it out and mark your calander.

Bugs66
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Looks pretty neat. Suggest you add some categories that cover replica aircraft, such as Piper Replica, Cessna Replica, Waco Replica, etc.

jimdc8
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Bugs,
Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate all of the support I've received. www.homebuiltdirectory.com (http://www.homebuiltdirectory.com) has a category for Vintage Restorations. There are several replica manufacturers already listed. If anyone has a specific one I'll be glad to add it.

Thanks again!
Jim

Bugs66
11-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Not sure where all us experimental Cub/Super Cub guys would put theirs. No classification fits. That is why I suggested the replica section. I guess this is targeted more towards kits than plans built stuff. Thanks anyways.

Jim Hann
11-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Jim, I sent you an e-mail about categories. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jim

Jim Hann
11-25-2011, 01:28 AM
She is posted!

jimdc8
11-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks Jim! That will be one beautiful aircraft when finished!

Hi Bugs...I don't understand "experimental" Super Cub. Is it amateur built? If so, we would add a category for the Manufacturer (i.e. Wag-Aero, etc). Was the aircraft built by Piper? If so, you can list under Vintage Restorations, which is for older Certified Aircraft which have been restored by their owners. Please explain "experimental" to me...I'm confused. I went to your website and your aircraft looks beautiful.

Jim

jimdc8
11-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Bugs,

After looking closer at your site, I see your aircraft is a scratch built replica? Usually, that would be listed under Original One-Off Homebuilts. If you prefer, I can add a "Replica" category... Usually replicas that are built by more than one builder are plans or kits and distributed by a manufacturer that we would add to the list.

Jim