PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyed Oshkosh

lynnlpitts
07-25-2015, 03:11 PM
My wife and I spent Sunday through Thursday at Oshkosh and as always enjoyed it. I've been going to Rockford and all of the Oshkosh's and always leave enthused. The new Port-A-Pots and the people taking care of them were awesome! Liked the cleanliness and hand sanitizer in them. Wish there was more of them in Camp Scholler, though. Thanks to all the volunteers and staff! Salute!

mazdaP5
07-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Agreed on the new johns. I was suspect at first, but I never saw a dirty one all week. Also, great Oshkosh! It really looked busy all week. Loved the variety in the airshows. Plus, every rare warbird I saw flew in the show except one, I saw Mon-Fri shows. Great work all around.

Mayhemxpc
07-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Came home tonight: Seven days, six nights. Thought about staying another but I figured it was better to go home using the concept that it was better thinking one could have stayed another day than staying the day and wishing you hadn't. I was rewarded with a 20 kt tailwind home! Anyway, weather was great, volunteers were great, forums were instructive. Warbirds in review gets better each year. Theater in the woods presentations even got my 11 and 13 year old sons enthused. Airshows were great with huge variety of acts. I will save suggested improvements for another time, for know I will just say it was awesome.

Floatsflyer
07-25-2015, 09:40 PM
:thumbsup: Great week. Too tired to get into details, flying home tomorrow morning. A couple of days typical Oshkosh with very high heat and humidity, the kind you can cut with a knife.

krw920
07-27-2015, 08:30 AM
I will have to agree that the air shows were probably the best I have seen in years at AV. Great variety, nicely paced!