PDA

View Full Version : Camping - Arriving after midnight

rnbraud
07-19-2015, 10:54 AM
My flight arrives in Milwaukee around 11 P.M.

I won't make it to Oshkosh till 1 or 2 a.m.

I would like to setup camp so I can get a fresh start in the morning.

Will the guards let me in without a sticker?

gbrasch
07-19-2015, 03:08 PM
The campground admissions gate will be manned 24 hours to get you registered.

Rod Schneider
07-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Per the EAA app, camping registration is closed from midnight until 6 AM. They used to be open 24 hours a day until last year.

gbrasch
07-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Per the EAA app, camping registration is closed from midnight until 6 AM. They used to be open 24 hours a day until last year.
oops, I stand corrected......

rnbraud
07-21-2015, 07:55 PM

That's what I thought I had read somewhere.

I have tried calling the Camp Scholler Registration phone but no one answers. Understandable with the amount of traffic.

My concern is that I show up at the gate at 2:00 A.M. without a sticker on my car and the guard doesn't let us in.

I don't mind going to registration in the morning and pay for that night as well as my other nights.

I am traveling with my wife and don't want to get stuck in Oshkosh with no accommodations...

rnbraud
07-21-2015, 10:06 PM
My flight arrives in Milwaukee around 11 P.M.

I won't make it to Oshkosh till 1 or 2 a.m.

I would like to setup camp so I can get a fresh start in the morning.

Will the guards let me in without a sticker?

I finally got through to Camp Scholler registration.

The person told me the guard at the gate will stop anyone without stickers at the gate and not let them through. :(

Bummer.

Now I gotta go and find a hotel between Milwaukee and Oshkosh last minute!

I could have sworn in the past there was some way to set up camp and pay/register in the morning. Like a special sticker at the guard gate.

Oh, well. On to the internet.

Joe Delene
07-22-2015, 03:46 AM
Yes, I'd just reserve a hotel room somewhere, maybe just outside Milwaukee towards Oshkosh.

scuba72
07-22-2015, 05:45 PM
A couple years ago I arrived after midnight due to some mechanical issues on the way up. I had purchased camping a few months earlier and had no trouble with the gate guards with the paperwork I had. They just told me to go ahead and find a sight, then in the morning to go to registration. I just can't believe that the guards would turn some one away because registration is closed. Be polite and honest with them. Maybe tell them you will set up for the night within view of them. Having an EAA sticker in your window may even help some.