PDA

View Full Version : Museum and Pioneer Airport cams

wyoranch
07-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Are the museum and Pioneer airport cams no longer in existence?
Thanks
Rick

Hal Bryan
07-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Hi Rick - yes, those were taken down quite some time ago. They were very rarely used, the software was terribly obsolete, and we had bandwidth issues supporting even the modest use they did get. We would like to bring them back in some form in the future, however.

wyoranch
07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Dang you Hal...... lol Thanks for the info, I guess I can stop searching now......

Jim Hann
07-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Hmm, museum cam during Hops & Props... Must stay out of view. :cool:

Sirota
07-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Hal,

I've been beating this horse since the cameras were removed. I keep hearing it's a bandwidth issue. How can there be adequate bandwidth during the convention (I hate calling it Airventure) for 6 cameras and not enough for 4 cameras the other 51 weeks of the year? In your post you also mentioned they weren't used very often. Could it be a chicken and egg thing? I quit watching them as the controls and connections got worse and worse. Perhaps if they worked well, more people would use them. When they were first removed I called and spoke to the museum director about their disappearance. At the time he said they were quite popular and would be back soon. That was (at least) 3 - 4 years ago.

Thanks,
Dave