PDA

View Full Version : 2015 AirVenture Webcams - Please use this thread for the 2015 Webcams

Todd Ritzman
07-13-2015, 09:44 AM
I am starting a new thread for the 2015 webcams. The Streaming Media Volunteer Crew will be monitoring this thread for the remainder of the show for any comments, suggestions, and issues that may occur during this years event.

Our team has worked hard to get the streams up and available as soon as possible, we know many people like to watch the set up and wait to see the first aircraft arrive. We also have also strived to make all the feeds are as compatible with as many different operating systems and devices as possible, however, we know that there still will be some devices that they will not play on properly (for example, older mobile type devices).

One suggestion to start off with, if you are having an issue with opening the stream, make sure you either turn off the pop up blocker, or set these pages as an accepted site to allow for pop ups to be displayed.

Below is a link to the AirVenture Webcam page that will have all the links to the cameras. Note, as of today, the Airshow, Theater in the Woods, and a new Random Feed links are not currently displayed on the page, but will be added to the page as we finalize the configuration of those streams and are ready to make them live.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-webcams

Some things to remember about the camera feeds:

Some of these cameras run on pre-programmed tours and show live feeds from the grounds, and some cameras (like the Control Tower Videographer camera) may display live video of portions of the daily air show as viewed through the lens of a EAA Volunteer.This is not intended to be television-quality broadcast of the event, just a chance to share their view. There will be times when the videographer is moving the camera, reviewing existing footage, etc., where you may not see the show itself. This is to be expected as they are also capturing footage for other purposes as well.

For the Theater in the Woods feed, this camera displays live video from evening programming. However; due to contractual and other obligations, there are certain events that cannot be broadcast. In off hours, we may use this feed to display other random footage from around the grounds as well.

Also, if you go to our Livestream page, you will be able to view recordings of previous live feeds. http://livestream.com/accounts/4758466

We hope you will enjoy getting a small glimpse of the action around the grounds of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh!

Todd Ritzman

mazdaP5
07-13-2015, 10:55 AM
I like the BTS look we get this week on the webcams, even if there are no planes yet.

FlyingRon
07-13-2015, 11:09 AM
My wife wants to know if you can zoom in on Sally's Alley so she can see how they're doing setting up our tent :)

psvinny
07-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Todd, this is such a wonderful service that is provided to us, and your team's hard work is very much appreciated. I suggested to Hal that the towers stay up year round but he was unwilling to climb up the ladder to clean the lens. But seriously, it is so enjoyable to watch things take shape until I arrive in person. I also know 1 or 2 that cannot attend this year for health reasons and they will be glued to their screens. Thanks again.

FlyingRon
07-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah, congrats to the Media Screaming team for another great year.

Todd Ritzman
07-13-2015, 11:31 AM
My wife wants to know if you can zoom in on Sally's Alley so she can see how they're doing setting up our tent :)

Well technically the answer is yes, but one, I am not familiar with Sally's Alley by that name, however the larger issue is, I am offsite, and we are using just about all the bandwidth out of the camera locations for the stream and it is painfully slow to go in and remotely control the camera while offsite.

Todd

Sirota
07-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Todd, As usual, you and your team have done a GREAT job. Thank you for allowing those of us that can't get to the show to look in and feel even worse (if that's possible) about what we're missing :) Hope you have a fun and trouble free week.

Dave

wyoranch
07-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Big thanks to all of you. I can't be there this year but this is an EXCELLENT alternative. Thank you again for doing this!
Rick
P.S. If I could make one suggestion to improve an already excellent service. MORE CAMERAS!!! lol I am kidding, I know you folks are already pushing the bandwidth limit.

Paul Hayden
07-13-2015, 12:19 PM
we had a good sized storm blow through the area early this morning and haven't been able to connect to the Ultralight runway camera. The mighty Hal was dispatched to survey the issue and its looking like we have a failed GFCI. We are waiting on on site electricians to replace it...hopefully that's the only issue with the setup.

BrianPlas
07-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Great job guys and thanks. Any chance of getting vintage cam to swing a bit further to the north????

Todd Ritzman
07-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Great job guys and thanks. Any chance of getting vintage cam to swing a bit further to the north????

There is a stop that is programmed into the vintage cam that looks directly north. In that view you can see the top of the tower it is mounted on. For the vintage camera, the camera has numerous tour stops that are programmed into it and the camera randomly chooses the route it wants to take between the stops. The other two cameras, we manually create the camera stops and the order to view the stops.

Todd

Todd Ritzman
07-13-2015, 01:52 PM
we had a good sized storm blow through the area early this morning and haven't been able to connect to the Ultralight runway camera. The mighty Hal was dispatched to survey the issue and its looking like we have a failed GFCI. We are waiting on on site electricians to replace it...hopefully that's the only issue with the setup.

The South Camera is back online.

BrianPlas
07-13-2015, 02:56 PM
There is a stop that is programmed into the vintage cam that looks directly north. In that view you can see the top of the tower it is mounted on. For the vintage camera, the camera has numerous tour stops that are programmed into it and the camera randomly chooses the route it wants to take between the stops. The other two cameras, we manually create the camera stops and the order to view the stops.

Todd

I now see what your saying,Todd it does swing north but when it's zoomed in you have the Honda tent but not much east of it but when not zoomed it showes what I was asking for. Thanks
Now, on that ultralight cam could you zoom in on the southeast corner of Paul's park to see if I'm there because it almost feels like I am. :). Thanks again

spongebobiwan
07-13-2015, 02:57 PM
A little "trick" I use to enable me to get to the cams quicker without having to go to the forum first, is to copy and paste the link onto my desktop. Another way is to merely drag it to your desktop. You can remove it after AirVenture is over, but during the convention it's a quick and easy way to get to the cams first thing in the morning or whenever you want to, by simply clicking on the link you've put on your desktop. For those that already know this and consider this useless information, it was intended to be passed on to those that may not.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...enture-webcams (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-webcams)

mazdaP5
07-14-2015, 08:17 AM
ooh, a Stearman!

spongebobiwan
07-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Todd,

Has there been any discussion this year by your team or any other team whose expertise this would fall under, about doing live random broadcasts using one of the live streaming apps that recently became available? I am referring to the apps Periscope and Merkat. Periscope seems much more advanced and therefore popular. Depending on what level of cellphone signal is at various locations on site, someone could provide random live broadcasts with really no financial investment to speak of, other than possession of an iPhone or Android phone. I know that some live streaming was attempted last year (possibly the year before but I forget) by someone, but it wasn't using Periscope or Merkat. So, I'm just guessing the technology has now improved with these current apps to the point that this might be more possible to do and with better results than in the past.

The nice thing about these apps now readily available is that ANYBODY can become a live broadcaster of just about anything. Again, I realize fully that this depends totally on available cellphone signal strength. But if that is good enough, every single attendee of AirVenture with either an iPhone or Android device could become a live broadcaster of anything going on at AirVenture, i.e. Warbirds in Review, Forums, etc., etc.

I'm just wanting to put this out there in the discussion arena, so that not only your team or other volunteer teams are aware of this, but virtually any AirVenture attendee is aware of this. Hopefully we will have an infinite number (well, not quite) of ongoing live streaming broadcasts coming out of this year's event. It would be helpful for those planning on attempting some live broadcasts using one of these apps, to use some sort of keywords that could be easily searched and instantly recognizable, for example "EAA", "AirVenture", "Oshkosh". If one or more of those keywords were used in the broadcast name, it would be much easier for those looking for live broadcast to be found. In addition to that, a short description of the event could be given. An example might look something like this: "2015 AirVenture EAA Oshkosh Warbirds in Review Boeing B-17", or "AirVenture Warbird Alley F-100".

I cannot attend this year due to health concerns and would love to be able to watch some live streaming of Warbird in Review sessions. Oh, and by the way, did I mention that these broadcasts can also be saved so that people can view them for a a period of time after the live stream. I think it's a couple of days or so. Perhaps anybody that plans on attempting any live broadcasting, or anybody who actually does, could post the information here to notify the community.

Anybody?

Hint: If you have a Twitter account and are going to try broadcasting anything from AirVenture using Periscope, send that information out in a Tweet and people will be able to watch your broadcast from their PC's or Macs as well. Just Tweet out something to the effect of: "Live Periscope broadcast of (fill in the blank) from AirVenture".

Bear
07-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Russ, you will be able to watch a live stream of the Warbirds in Review at the following address.

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/live

spongebobiwan
07-17-2015, 07:03 AM
Bear,

That is fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing that link. I was totally unaware of this.

KCPilot
07-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Is there something wrong with the center (Vintage area) camera? Seems like it's not panning across a very wide area.

PaulDow
07-17-2015, 02:52 PM
I think there's a couple reasons why live streaming wouldn't work.
First is the EAA policies on use of the pictures and descriptions of what goes on at the event.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/about-eaa-airventure-oshkosh/policies/broadcast-film-and-video-policy

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/about-eaa-airventure-oshkosh/policies/live-video-streaming-web-streaming-policy

Second is that with the limited data available on the grounds, the viewers will be seeing the spinning wheel most of the time.

spongebobiwan
07-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks Paul,

I was well aware that reason number 2 could quite possibly hinder if not prevent live streaming. But, reason number 1 hadn't even entered my mind. But I am really wondering if that applies to this. If live streaming is a no-no, than what about all the photos everybody takes of virtually everything during AirVenture. Then add to that all the video people take of various things. I would think the key here would be if anything was done with intent to sell it, whether it be photos, video, or live streaming. In other words, if live streaming is not to be done, they why would video or photos be allowed?

PaulDow
07-17-2015, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking that the policies haven't kept up with technology. Of course EAA doesn't want someone coming in and making some critical comments for commercial gain.
It would be pretty intersting there if they forgot to put restrictions on drones.

Bill Greenwood
07-18-2015, 01:44 PM
I have tried to use these webcams on 2 different computers, home and airport and none of them come through. This time it says something about " player error".
Are these thing working ? Do you need to be a computer wizard or can normal ? people see them?
Is it like the Emperors clothes?

spongebobiwan
07-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Bill,

Not being able to actually see what's going on with your computers, it's difficult to attempt to diagnose whatever the problem might be. Having said that, I can only suggest to make sure that all your stuff is up to date. By "stuff", I mean operating system, browsers, players, flash, etc., etc. I'd be willing to guess that 9 times out of ten, the reason some video won't play on somebody's computer is that some or all of their "stuff" is out of date.

I know that doesn't help much, but if you know somebody that is a bit of a computer geek, maybe you can get them to take a look at your "stuff".

spongebobiwan
07-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Can I just say, vast vast improvement of the roaming webcam around the grounds this year. I'd be very interested in knowing what the equipment and communications setup is for that cam as it is working extremely well and providing a much enhanced viewing experience. Also, who is manning the cam? Would be nice to be able to give a thumbs up to them. :thumbsup:

Todd Ritzman
07-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Can I just say, vast vast improvement of the roaming webcam around the grounds this year. I'd be very interested in knowing what the equipment and communications setup is for that cam as it is working extremely well and providing a much enhanced viewing experience. Also, who is manning the cam? Would be nice to be able to give a thumbs up to them. :thumbsup:

The people providing the random feeds around the grounds are Steve and Michael Wylie, Paul and myself. Steve and Michael are using a Professional HD camera and are encoding the feed on the fly using a VidiU encoder. For the roaming video data connections, we are using both ATT and Sprint hotspots. We are finding that is working pretty well so far; however there are times that the stream does drop out because of the quality of cell service and the number of people that are here. It will be interesting to see how well this works when the large crowds arrive.

Todd

Wrongway Feldman
07-19-2015, 03:25 PM
At the furthest north look of the Warbird cam program tour.
The camera shoots up to blue sky.
It stays there briefly, then rotates back east.
Is there away to get it, to continue to look west a little bit more, to view North 40 airplane parking camping.
Or is it at its max degree rotation.

Todd Ritzman
07-19-2015, 03:46 PM
At the furthest north look of the Warbird cam program tour.
The camera shoots up to blue sky.
It stays there briefly, then rotates back east.
Is there away to get it, to continue to look west a little bit more, to view North 40 airplane parking camping.
Or is it at its max degree rotation.

We will check the setting and see, We had been pretty close to the limits of what the camera can see without just looking at the tower.

Todd

MEdwards
07-19-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm very disappointed with the ultralight webcam. It dwells for minutes on three locations and speeds between them. About half of each dwell is empty sky. The folks back home always before enjoyed finding our parked plane with my directions from here on the ground. With the present setup, that's impossible. I really don't understand the reason for the change from a slow pan in each direction showing mostly stuff on the ground.

Mike E

Jim Rosenow
07-19-2015, 08:06 PM
The Around The Grounds videos of the runway 27 arrivals are just awesome!!! Thanks so much, you guys!!!

Jim

Mark Peterson
07-19-2015, 09:12 PM
I sure appreciate the cams out in Seattle! Someday it would be wonderful to have them hardwired into an HD router.

spongebobiwan
07-19-2015, 11:01 PM
The Around The Grounds videos of the runway 27 arrivals are just awesome!!! Thanks so much, you guys!!!

Jim

I fully agree, Jim. Next best thing to being there.

spongebobiwan
07-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Let's see. Warbirds, Vintage, and Ultralight webcams up and running on my computer, check. North and South towers running, check. Webcam around the grounds running (no current feed though), check. EAA Radio up and running along with EAA Radio studio webcam, check. Warbirds in Review Live Streaming up and running, check.

I have two emotions regarding all of this. Joy, and Happiness. And although I am probably suffering from sensory overload, I can't help feeling I am forgetting something. :thumbsup:

wyoranch
07-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Let's see. Warbirds, Vintage, and Ultralight webcams up and running on my computer, check. North and South towers running, check. Webcam around the grounds running (no current feed though), check. EAA Radio up and running along with EAA Radio studio webcam, check. Warbirds in Review Live Streaming up and running, check.

I have two emotions regarding all of this. Joy, and Happiness. And although I am probably suffering from sensory overload, I can't help feeling I am forgetting something. :thumbsup:

:D I thought I was strange because I JUST did the same thing!!! I have monitors all over my office and I am getting dizzy going between all of them. I feel better knowing I am not the only one who is doing the same thing.
Rick

wyoranch
07-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Will there be an Airshow stream this year?
Thanks
Rick

Hal Bryan
07-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Hi Rick - the tower camera stream was moved to http://live.eaa.org as part of a premium streaming package we're trying out this year. In addition to the videographer's view from the tower, as many as four performers' aircraft per day will be equipped with multiple cameras that will broadcast live during their performances. These cameras are user-selectable, so you'll be able to get a truly unique perspective of the show. As I said, it is a premium offering, so there is a cost associated with it - you can learn more at the link above.

- Hal

Sirota
07-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Hal, I know you're just the messenger but charging a member to view the air show feed is pretty chickensh_t. It's not the $3.99 - it's the principle. The members ARE the organization. There's been a lot of comments over the past few years about how money-centric EAA has become. Can you say Chalet? This is another example of a poor managerial decision from the EAA offices.

Respectfully,
Dave Sirota
Member since '87

wyoranch
07-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Hal,
For the first time I have to say I am truly disappointed in EAA. I have stood up for EAA when others have been bashing and I will continue to do so, but I do have to admit it does chap my butt a bit. I can see if you are NOT a member charging. I pay my dues just because I LOVE EAA, not because I utilize any of the services. I will pay it because I can not be there this year and I have no recourse. Not cool.
Rick
P.S. The service is crappy. I had every cam running, eaa radio, liveATC and it worked flawless. I can not even watch the show because all it does is sit there and spin - even on the low bandwidth setting. Also, add the WEEKLY option to the "Buy Now" button at the top of the page. I paid $3.99 X 6 instead of the weekly charge of $17.99

Hal Bryan
07-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Hal, I know you're just the messenger but charging a member to view the air show feed is pretty chickensh_t. It's not the $3.99 - it's the principle. The members ARE the organization. There's been a lot of comments over the past few years about how money-centric EAA has become. Can you say Chalet? This is another example of a poor managerial decision from the EAA offices.

Respectfully,
Dave Sirota
Member since '87

Hal,
For the first time I have to say I am truly disappointed in EAA. I have stood up for EAA when others have been bashing and I will continue to do so, but I do have to admit it does chap my butt a bit. I can see if you are NOT a member charging. I pay my dues just because I LOVE EAA, not because I utilize any of the services. I will pay it because I can not be there this year and I have no recourse. Not cool.
Rick
P.S. The service is crappy. I had every cam running, eaa radio, liveATC and it worked flawless. I can not even watch the show because all it does is sit there and spin - even on the low bandwidth setting. Also, add the WEEKLY option to the "Buy Now" button at the top of the page. I paid $3.99 X 6 instead of the weekly charge of $17.99

Guys, I appreciate the feedback, I really do. I'll share it with the relevant parties directly. I'd encourage anyone with comments to feel free to post here, of course, and also send email to feedback@eaa.org.

wyoranch
07-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Hal,
A couple of things....
1) Heard you on EAA Radio this morning..... very cool
2) If you are going to charge me to watch the airshow - Show the airshow not the roof of a tent setting your white balance
3) Fix the software package as I am unable to watch the airshow for more than 5 seconds while the screen reloads.
4) The airshow announcer slider appears to do nothing and the video is out of sync with the stream.

I am on 10MB and 90% of that is available so it is not a bandwidth issue unless your stream is 15MB. I am using Windows 7 with FireFox v39.0 on an I7 Lenovo Laptop. It does the same thing on any device I try to watch.
Thanks to all of you
Rick

Sirota
07-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Hal, I want to be sure I emphasize my comments weren't directed toward you. As I wrote: "I know you're just the messenger" - I should have emphasized that. I've been following your posts for years and truly appreciate all you do; both for EAA and for us Great Unwashed members. Enjoy the week - as best you can. Wish I were there with you.

Dave

wyoranch
07-20-2015, 04:06 PM
+1

spongebobiwan
07-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am not really hearing much of any kind of announcing on the live.eaa feed. I'm listening to EAA Radio for the announcing.

spongebobiwan
07-20-2015, 05:04 PM
LOL. Well, no sooner did I submit my last post, apparently a regularly scheduled program came on EAA Radio and I am no longer hearing the airshow announcing.

Kindly disregard my previous post.

Zojirushi
07-20-2015, 05:09 PM
I applaud the idea and presentation of the new premium service... but, while I realize this is a beta test and there are costs associated with putting on a new service but I would echo the sentiments of some of the others. I'm a bit disappointed and feel like I wasted $$ daily fee for access.

Had to cobble together two streams to get the announcer.
while the video quality was quite good, the stream constantly paused every few seconds.

It seems this service is not quite ready for prime time.
Keep up the hard work. I'm sure it will get better, but I doubt I'll part with any more $$
Randy

For tech reference I'm using:

Google Chrome
43.0.2357.134 (Official Build) m (32-bit)

Revision
8f3081cb09276898e725262e5ca6ec7746757188-refs/branch-heads/2357@{#499}

OS
Windows

Blink
537.36 (@198523)

JavaScript
V8 4.3.61.38

Flash

wyoranch
07-20-2015, 05:17 PM
I applaud the idea and presentation of the new premium service... but, while I realize this is a beta test and there are costs associated with putting on a new service but I would echo the sentiments of some of the others. I'm a bit disappointed and feel like I wasted $$ daily fee for access.

Had to cobble together two streams to get the announcer.
while the video quality was quite good, the stream constantly paused every few seconds.

It seems this service is not quite ready for prime time.
Keep up the hard work. I'm sure it will get better, but I doubt I'll part with any more $$
Randy

For tech reference I'm using:

Google Chrome
43.0.2357.134 (Official Build) m (32-bit)

Revision
8f3081cb09276898e725262e5ca6ec7746757188-refs/branch-heads/2357@{#499}

OS
Windows

Blink
537.36 (@198523)

JavaScript
V8 4.3.61.38

Flash

Guys and Gals,
I had a VERY similar experience.
Rick

Hal Bryan
07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Hey everybody - we heard the feedback loud and clear! The control tower videographer cam is back and will be freely accessible during the air shows here:

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-webcams

ifly1848v
07-21-2015, 08:52 AM
LOL. Well, no sooner did I submit my last post, apparently a regularly scheduled program came on EAA Radio and I am no longer hearing the airshow announcing.

Kindly disregard my previous post.

EAA Radio carries the daily airshow from 2:30pm to 6:00pm, or the end of the show. We do air our own program "Traffic Jam" to bridge the gap between the airshow and our coverage of Theater In The Woods. We never cut the airshow announcers short. I see your post was at 6:04pm, after the end of the airshow.

Thanks!

Paul Hayden
07-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Jim, I think the last post was referencing the premium airshow coverage not being able to hear the announcing on that feed. The stream now again being provided by the volunteer staff overlays EAA radio on the stream so we can hear the announcing without a delay.

oh, and we even support Android devices :)

wyoranch
07-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Hey everybody - we heard the feedback loud and clear! The control tower videographer cam is back and will be freely accessible during the air shows here:

I don't suppose you addressed those of us who spent money on the "Premium" service? Not a big deal you have bigger fish to fry( sorry I meant cheese curds ).
Thanks for doing that for all of us
Rick

wyoranch
07-21-2015, 10:13 AM

Is EAA live still available if there is no refund? I bought 6 daily tickets, used one yesterday but I do not know how to use the next one for today. It just asks me to buy a ticket for today.
Rick

Hal Bryan
07-21-2015, 10:16 AM
I don't suppose you addressed those of us who spent money on the "Premium" service? Not a big deal you have bigger fish to fry( sorry I meant cheese curds ).
Thanks for doing that for all of us
Rick

Rick - I've been told that full refunds were issued to everyone this morning.

wyoranch
07-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Rick - I've been told that full refunds were issued to everyone this morning.
That is GREAT Hal! My loss of faith was very short lived. :D
Thanks
Rick

Zojirushi
07-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Great to hear. You folks do a great job. I think the paid option has potential - especially with the planned extra features.
Hopefully the feedback will help to develop the product for future shows.
Actually, I hope i can attend in person again in the future and have no need for the live feeds :)
Keep up the good work.
Randy

iflyatiger
07-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Hello Guys..

I know you only hear from me during Airventure and I want to thank you again for your hard work bringing us the webcams.

One thing I would like to point out / ask. Can you please find a way to blend in the sounds from the airshow more during the airshow broadcast ? Being a pilot and aviation enthusiast I don't think I speak only for myself to say I don't watch an airshow for the music unless it is the music of airplane noise ! For instance just now was the jet Waco I dont even think that I was able to hear the jet engine one time. I think this small change can really improve the enjoyment of the coverage.

Please see what you can do and it will be much appreciated as allways..

Thank you..

spongebobiwan
07-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Perhaps I've got a setting or something that needs tweaking, but the Theatre in the Woods feed seems to be constantly buffering. I am fairly confident my settings are correct as I have no problems with any of the other cams and I have 100 mbps internet. Anybody else experiencing problems.

wyoranch
07-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Perhaps I've got a setting or something that needs tweaking, but the Theatre in the Woods feed seems to be constantly buffering. I am fairly confident my settings are correct as I have no problems with any of the other cams and I have 100 mbps internet. Anybody else experiencing problems.
+1........same exact issue.

Sirota
07-21-2015, 07:32 PM
How hugely disappointing. I left work early to watch the Rutan presentation in the Theater in the Woods and the buffering and drop out is so bad it is uncomprehendable. Come on EAA. If this is the best you can do, don't do it at all.

I gave up. Does anyone know if it is being recorded and available later?

PaulDow
07-21-2015, 08:16 PM
The audio only feed is working fine through TuneIn.com
Since I already know what Burt, Dick, Mike and Dave look like, it's not bad at all.

It would be nice to see the slides though.

Paul Hayden
07-21-2015, 08:54 PM
yeah, we have been experiencing some issues with the DSL service in the theater. The AT&T tech has been out here everyday since sunday and we thought we had the issue resolved since the first half of the show was just fine. I just restarted the stream with a lower bitrate and that seems to be much more stable. we plan to do some more intensive testing tomorrow and hopefully have a easier rest of the week.

Sirota
07-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Were the programs recorded and be available in a library of some kind?

Todd Ritzman
07-22-2015, 05:44 AM
Were the programs recorded and be available in a library of some kind?

The recorded video is currently on Livestream, however it does have some of the buffering issues experienced last night. We will be trying to see if this was recorded in the sound booth and if we can upload a clean version.

https://livestream.com/accounts/4758466/events/4182682

Currently Tuesday's Theater in the Woods program is video is split into to parts because of the troubles experienced last night.

I_FLY_LOW
07-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Will they be streaming tonight's night airshow?

wyoranch
07-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Will the night show be broadcast tonight?
(EDIT) we must have hit enter at the exact same moment..... Lol

Paul Hayden
07-22-2015, 07:09 PM
yes that's the plan. we should be going live on the Airshow page in a few min. We have some tight turn around times tonight between the 3 streams.

Nathan Thompson
07-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Take your time, you guys are doing good!

Sirota
07-22-2015, 07:13 PM
Congrats on tonight's Apollo 13 feed. There were very few problems. MUCH improved from last night and I want to say thank you for all your hard work fixing whatever the problem was.

I_FLY_LOW
07-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the quick update.
Patiently awaiting.
Thank you for the hard work!

I_FLY_LOW
07-22-2015, 07:16 PM
It's on!

Paul Hayden
07-22-2015, 07:25 PM
awesome! thanks guys. Enjoy the show. Todd and I are going to try to get out of the office a little, but will continue to monitor.

wyoranch
07-22-2015, 08:49 PM
You guys nailed it today. Everything here worked great!
Thanks!

iflyatiger
07-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Hi Todd..

Thank you for the great work you and your team are doing this year..

I know how busy you must be but I would like to ask for a reply to my question about changing the mix of the live airshow feed. Can you please turn down the music and turn up the airshow sounds ? The music this year is overwhelming.. It really cuts down on the enjoyment of watching the great camera work. I know this can be done. At the end of the fireworks show the sound mix was much better, we could still hear the announcer perfectly but nicely mixed with the crowd cheering for the big fire explosions.

Looking forward to your reply..

Thank you..

Jim Rosenow
07-23-2015, 06:33 AM
Really enjoying watching the powered parachute guys this morning!!! Can it get any better than that?? Thanks, guys!

Jim

wyoranch
07-23-2015, 08:29 AM
Guys,
I am absolutely LOVING the 'Around The Grounds' webcam. What a fantastic idea! MORE! MORE! MORE!
Rick

Todd Ritzman
07-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Hi Todd..

Thank you for the great work you and your team are doing this year..

I know how busy you must be but I would like to ask for a reply to my question about changing the mix of the live airshow feed. Can you please turn down the music and turn up the airshow sounds ? The music this year is overwhelming.. It really cuts down on the enjoyment of watching the great camera work. I know this can be done. At the end of the fireworks show the sound mix was much better, we could still hear the announcer perfectly but nicely mixed with the crowd cheering for the big fire explosions.

Looking forward to your reply..

Thank you..

The audio that is provided for the airshow feed is provided via EAA Radio, which gets the feed directly from the audio that is sent out to all the speakers along the flight line. Neither EAA Radio or the webcam crew has any ability to change the mix of the mics or the other audio from the airshow that is mixed into the feed.

We will put it on the list for future year, however it will take a lot of changes of how and where we can get both the video and audio feeds from.

Todd

Paul Hayden
07-23-2015, 01:10 PM
air show up live in a few. Today's schedule..

Wright Model B; Vintage Review (Stinsons and Howards); Battle of Britain's 75th anniversary and 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe featuring B-17 bombers, a variety of fighter and transport aircraft, and a Lancaster bomber; Jeff Boerboon (Sasquatch); Kirby Chambliss (Edge 540); Melissa Pemberton/Skip Stewart & Extreme PDT; Pitts Anniversary featuring Sammy Mason (Pitts S-1S) and Sean D. Tucker (Oracle Challenger III); Team Redline; Jim Peitz (Beech F-33C Bonanza); The 4ce (formation aerobatics); Matt Younkin (Twin Beech); USMC AV-8B Harrier II (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/features-and-attractions/eaa-airventure-air-show/~/link.aspx?_id=EA15ED78BB4C42D68FDAC73084292A96&_z=z) demo team; Greg Koontz/Alabama Boys (Piper J-3 Cub); final round of the Valdez STOL competition (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/features-and-attractions/eaa-airventure-air-show/~/link.aspx?_id=E04C40E024B447C984B3440B29698963&_z=z)

MEdwards
07-24-2015, 07:07 AM
I'm very disappointed with the ultralight webcam. It dwells for minutes on three locations and speeds between them. About half of each dwell is empty sky. The folks back home always before enjoyed finding our parked plane with my directions from here on the ground. With the present setup, that's impossible. I really don't understand the reason for the change from a slow pan in each direction showing mostly stuff on the ground.Ultralight webcam panning route improved. Still doesn't show my airplane near the Ultralight tower in Vintage, but that's life. Thanks.

McGyver
07-24-2015, 10:43 AM
The audio that is provided for the airshow feed is provided via EAA Radio, which gets the feed directly from the audio that is sent out to all the speakers along the flight line. Neither EAA Radio or the webcam crew has any ability to change the mix of the mics or the other audio from the airshow that is mixed into the feed.

We will put it on the list for future year, however it will take a lot of changes of how and where we can get both the video and audio feeds from.

Todd
I'll pass the complaint along.

iflyatiger
07-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the answer Todd.. With your description I can understand why it seems so different to me as a webcam viewer. If you are watching from the airshow line the announcers and music audio coming from the speakers is naturally blended with aircraft and background sounds, at home we are only getting the speaker sounds ( as if we are wearing headphones with the announcer and music only) By the way a lot of yesterdays show and especially the warbirds sounded great, the announcer had the mike open to background (airplane) noise and it sounded much more natural.

Again.. No complaints just suggestions.. Thanks again for the great job you guys are doing..

Todd

McGyver
07-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Is the music sounding better today?

iflyatiger
07-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Yes! and no.. The AeroShell team show was much better.. A good mix of music (lower than other times), announcer, and background.. The Jet Waco just now was all music and announcer, the only time you heard the airplane was when the announcer left his mic open for a few seconds here and there.

Speaking purely as a hobbyist/rookie.. If you could hook a mic up to another input channel, leave it open to the airshow sounds and just mix it in a little that would probably make it perfect. Maybe you can inject that mic after the feed from the announcers/music and before it goes to the webcam equipment?

Either way it is great to be able to watch this from halfway across the country! I appreciate it ! Thanks again..

iflyatiger
07-24-2015, 03:47 PM
PS.. It might be related to who is announcing the act..?

The guy announcing right now as the F-22 is getting ready has the music so loud that it almost overpowers the announcer. I think he might be the same announcer that also did the screamin sasquatch.
Thanks and take care..

Paul Hayden
07-24-2015, 04:23 PM
I feel like we have answered his question dozens of times this week. Because of all sorts of factors, including but not limited too, location, permissions, telecom infrastructure it's not as easy as pointing a mic at the runway. If it was, we surely would have done it already. As Todd indicated, we are looking for a solution to get engine noises. It will require redoing out entire audio and video infrastructure and budet approval from EAA, but we will do our best to find a solution.

Yes! and no.. The AeroShell team show was much better.. A good mix of music (lower than other times), announcer, and background.. The Jet Waco just now was all music and announcer, the only time you heard the airplane was when the announcer left his mic open for a few seconds here and there.

Speaking purely as a hobbyist/rookie.. If you could hook a mic up to another input channel, leave it open to the airshow sounds and just mix it in a little that would probably make it perfect. Maybe you can inject that mic after the feed from the announcers/music and before it goes to the webcam equipment?

Either way it is great to be able to watch this from halfway across the country! I appreciate it ! Thanks again..

iflyatiger
07-24-2015, 06:00 PM
Hey Paul.. The only reason I posted again after the answer by Todd was to answer the question by McGyver copied below!
It sure seemed like I was being asked and it also seemed like it was being asked by a member of your team.. I also made sure that I showed that I was appreciative of what you guys do ,I don't know how I could have made that any more clear.
Thanks again.. Speak to you next year..

Today, 05:19 PM
McGyver

I feel like we have answered his question dozens of times this week. Because of all sorts of factors, including but not limited too, location, permissions, telecom infrastructure it's not as easy as pointing a mic at the runway. If it was, we surely would have done it already. As Todd indicated, we are looking for a solution to get engine noises. It will require redoing out entire audio and video infrastructure and budet approval from EAA, but we will do our best to find a solution.

Paul Hayden
07-24-2015, 06:22 PM
no worries, I'm just getting a bit tired so sorry if that sounded a little harsh that wasn't my intent. Its just frustrating for us when we want to deliver and meet everybody's expectations but just can't. McGyver is a member of the Communications Center staff, a separate department but the one where all sources of audio originate. He and the other comm center guys we have been talking to this week will be helping try to come up with a solution for next year.

Hey Paul.. The only reason I posted again after the answer by Todd was to answer the question by McGyver copied below!
It sure seemed like I was being asked and it also seemed like it was being asked by a member of your team.. I also made sure that I showed that I was appreciative of what you guys do ,I don't know how I could have made that any more clear.
Thanks again.. Speak to you next year..

Today, 05:19 PM
McGyver

McGyver
07-25-2015, 08:54 AM
no worries, I'm just getting a bit tired so sorry if that sounded a little harsh that wasn't my intent. Its just frustrating for us when we want to deliver and meet everybody's expectations but just can't. McGyver is a member of the Communications Center staff, a separate department but the one where all sources of audio originate. He and the other comm center guys we have been talking to this week will be helping try to come up with a solution for next year.
And just to add a little more... The Main PA feed is meant for the primary show audience, those who are on-site and viewing the show live. It was never meant to include any of the ambient noises like engines, Harriers or Earth-shattering Ka-BOOMs from Pyro! EAA Radio picks this feed up for broadcasting and they USED to have a live mic back when they were originating from the OLD Com Center, near the Brown Arch.... That area USED to be show center back in the day when the show (AND Rwy 18 / 36) was much smaller! Two years ago, EAA Radio was moved to their present location, a bit further North and receives the main PA audio feed over a private telecom network that the Com Center "Green Gang" established and installed many years ago. It is also how we are able to get the sound from Theatre in the Woods to EAA Radio. All of this and more was installed long before there was internet available on the grounds... It's older tech but it STILL WORKS! I describe this to give you all an idea of what all we have available inn our bag of tricks in order to provide our audiences with the best experience we can provide. And, this is just the tip of the iceberg, Folks! For those of you who have never actually been to Airventure, you have NO IDEA just how big this is and how much collaborative effort it takes to make it all work... it is sometimes mind boggling to even seasoned veterans like myself (over 20 years at the Com center) just how we are able to bring this event together every year! And we are constantly making efforts to expand and improve on everything. Every morning throughout the event we have an early briefing to evaluate the previous day's activities and go over the schedule for that day. Each faction involved in Airventure (and there are SO MANY!) sends a representative to this briefing and we ALL take turns reporting any issues and can sidebar afterwards to work out any problems we might have. As I said, a LOT goes into this event including plans for the following year(s) to come. So, enjoy what we are delivering to you so far... PLEASE keep the feedback, comments, requests coming... but bear in mind that we can't always provide an immediate solution. And THANK YOU ALL for participating in the Forums and for being EAA Members! Hope to be seeing you at future Airventures!

Respectfully, Larry "McGyver" Mackowiak, AKA "Green 5"

Todd Ritzman
07-26-2015, 08:06 AM
We know that there was a lot of interest in seeing the Burt Rutan presentation on Tuesday July 21st, but unfortunately, we were having internet connection issues and did not provide a good stream. Due to this, we beg, pleaded and gave away the first born and managed to get a better copy of the program, however, the theater video crew was also having issues as well and was not able to capture the mixed feed. So what I am able to provide is a single camera view with an open mic. You will notice that the video quality is much better, this is because it was not streamed live and was uploaded as a individual file (which took 2 days to upload). Hope those of you that were interested enjoy what we were able to get. Follow the link below to the Theater in the Woods Feed page where you can select the Burt Rutan program as well as view the rest of the theater programs as well.

https://livestream.com/accounts/4758466/events/4182682

Todd

wyoranch
07-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Hal, Paul,Todd and everyone else who's names I do not know. THANK YOU!!!!

wyoranch
07-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Is it wrong to be sad that the last radio broadcast from OSH just ended? Lol

Wrongway Feldman
07-27-2015, 08:38 PM

:thumbsup: To the 2015 Streaming Media Team !!!

bartfly
07-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Always a sad moment when the towers come down. No more webcams till next year.

Todd Ritzman
07-29-2015, 07:31 AM
The Streaming Media Volunteers want to thank all of you that watched and provided feedback of the webcams for this year.

This was a great year for the Streaming Media Team and hope that everyone that was not able to attend was able to feel at least a little connected with the event. We also hope that those that have only seen it through the eyes of the cameras, will want to get to the show in person to really experience what it is really like.

This year we streamed live video out of the grounds for 9 days on the Airshow, Random and Theater in the Woods camera feeds.
During this time we had:
89,386 Total Views
36,434 Unique Viewers
1,719 Maximum viewers watching at one time.
1,005,026 Total Minutes Viewed
85 different countries around the world that watched the streams.

In addition to the above we also had the video streams from the North, Central, and South Wayfinding towers. We don't have all the firm statistics from these cameras yet, but we peaked with 747 concurrent viewers on Saturday July 19th at 2 PM.

mazdaP5
07-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Well done EAA. I was all over the cams until I set out for Oshkosh on the 18th, and checked them often when I got back. It's a great way to keep in touch with the event.

Ozzie
08-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Great watching the webcams from over here in OZ. Blew my monthly data limit to pieces. Worth the extra money. Thanks EAA