PDA

View Full Version : Pet sitting to kid sitting?

LooneyBird
07-12-2015, 08:58 PM
I saw a thread on pet sitting, but won't have mine along.

i am wondering if there are kid sitting options. (No I am not looking of someone to sit on them.). I would like to make it to the first wing dinner, but don't know if I can without the kids being watched.

Does anyone one have ideas or suggestions?

thanks

Cattflight
07-13-2015, 07:54 AM
I saw a thread on pet sitting, but won't have mine along.

i am wondering if there are kid sitting options. (No I am not looking of someone to sit on them.). I would like to make it to the first wing dinner, but don't know if I can without the kids being watched.

Does anyone one have ideas or suggestions?

thanks

We've used a reputable site called Sitter City (sittercity.com) to find sitters. You need to sign up but the sitters in there are qualified, so it's pretty good. Not sure how many will venture into Camp Scholler though. We found a pet sitter through this site and it took some negotiating to get her to agree to come on site.

Bill Greenwood
07-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Looney, how many kids and what ages? And give me some idea of the time of day and how long you are needing it for?

LooneyBird
07-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Kids 11, 8 and 7. All high octane (ADHD), but will have thier quieting devices (iPads) and it will be the end of a long day. Looking for coverage on Tuesday from 5:30ish to 10:00ish for the Gene Kranz talk at the Lifetime and First Wing dinner. I could almost let the oldest watch them, but all three can be a volatile cocktail that unexpectedly explodes. Mostly in higher pressure situations, like having nothing to do at the camp site.

Sitter city was interesting, full of adults it seemed. I was hoping to find a teenager that might like to make a little extra.

Thanks for any help!