PDA

View Full Version : first timer-parking hours

dav3469
07-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Hello, I may have missed it in the information on the homepage. Apologies If I have. Will be driving in each day from a Green Bay Hotel location. Is there a cut off time to be out of the parking lots? Would like to stay later on a couple nights for the activities, but not sure if it is allowed??

rleffler
07-11-2015, 03:48 AM
Hello, I may have missed it in the information on the homepage. Apologies If I have. Will be driving in each day from a Green Bay Hotel location. Is there a cut off time to be out of the parking lots? Would like to stay later on a couple nights for the activities, but not sure if it is allowed??

I don't know if there are any official hours. When I stayed in a hotel, I never had an issue with getting to my car after night activities. There are events going on eveny night, so I wouldn't think there is any real issue.

you'll find that the security is pretty reasonable at the show, unless you want to try driving down one of the runways. ��

Tom Steber
07-11-2015, 05:30 AM
I think I read somewhere that it was 10:00 PM but I'm sure your car won't be the only one. Hey maybe I'll see you on the road. I'll be the guy who's looking up at the sky trying to spot the first plane. I live in Green Bay and drive back and forth every day. It seems like every morning I end up alongside the guys from Cirrus traveling down in the morning.

FlyingRon
07-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Certainly it's later on night airshow nights as the lawnchair crowd doesn't even start moving towards their cars until later.

I suspect as long as you don't appear to be camping in your car overnight nobody is going to care how late you leave.

Cattflight
07-11-2015, 07:56 AM
One would think the Cirrus team could afford a hotel closer to the show. :)

Wrongway Feldman
07-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Check General Parking Guidelines
(https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/driving-to-eaa/directions-to-oshkosh-and-parking)Six public parking lots on the grounds are available. Daily or weekly parking passes can be
purchased for cars, trucks, motorhomes, motorcycles, and other motor vehicles. No overnight
parking is allowed in EAA auto parking lots.

It does not say the time you have to be out of the lots.
The Shuttle buses run from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily.
The Flyin theater has movies that run until 10:00 pm

Frequently Asked Questions
The gates open each day at 7 a.m. (https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/~/link.aspx?_id=B2DBA1FBD572474DBFA407438CE1DAE2&_z=z)

Exhibit Hours of Operation
Exhibits open at 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/airventure-exhibitors/preparing-your-exhibit/exhibitor-show-schedule/exhibit-hours-of-operation)

My hunch is public parking lot hours are from 6:00 am to 12:00 am midnight during the convention.

Wrong,

Tom Steber
07-11-2015, 03:28 PM
One would think the Cirrus team could afford a hotel closer to the show. :)
LOL! I thought the same thing! Then I thought maybe it was just that year. Then the next year came and there they were again!

dav3469
07-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Thanks all for the information. Won't sweat it then. First time for my buddy and I. One day hope to fly in and camp. But three days and a GreenBay hotel is what we could swing this time....looking forward to the experience.