PDA

View Full Version : Oh no !!!!

Kevin O'Halloran
07-01-2015, 05:11 PM
I heard My favorite steak house in Oshkosh closed ( Kodiac Jacks)
I'm going to miss the salad bar and prime rib
Does anyone know of another steak house in Oshkosh???
Kevin

Floatsflyer
07-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Kevin, I feel for ya, it's a real bummer when our favourite anything is no longer around or available. Nothin' lasts forever I've heard and seen.

Come on up to Green Bay(45 mins.) to The Prime Quarter where the numerous variety of steaks are the size of Escalades and you can grill them yourself if you choose on large open mesquite grills that you sit around. Fun time, great steaks and come hungry. They're not in Oshkosh, I checked.

FlyingRon
07-01-2015, 08:52 PM
I still mourn the lost of Justmans (German) and too a slightly lesser extend The Granery (I still have a Granery employees polo shirt the owner gave me when I arrived soaked after an Oshkosh thunderstorm).

What indicates Kodiak Jacks is closed? The website is still up and they're answering their phone.

There's always the Roxy for prime rib.

Kevin O'Halloran
07-02-2015, 07:24 AM
go to the site below and it shows they are going to auction off the contents the first part of this month
http://www.gerlachauctions.com

troy_m
07-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm from Oshkosh, and I go past Kodiak Jack's on my way home from work every day. They definitely closed their doors as of June 22. See this article from the local paper:
http://www.thenorthwestern.com/story/money/2015/06/03/kodiak-jacks-close-amicable-agreement/28442341/

Bill Greenwood
07-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Like a bear before hibernation, maybe my body knows that I am going to Oshkosh soon. I seem to have put on a few extra pounds, in preparation for trying to live on brats( tastes good, not good for you) and Pepsi( tastes bad, is bad).

It sure is easier to put on the extra pounds, and more fun, than trying to take them off.

I actually know a couple of better than average dinner places, but they are in Fon du Lac.

It does seem strange that an Osh restaurant/bar would close 3 weeks before Airventure, not after, unless they were opening under new management.

gbrasch
07-03-2015, 02:48 PM
The Granery (I still have a Granery employees polo shirt the owner gave me when I arrived soaked after an Oshkosh thunderstorm).

The Granary, I loved that place!

rwanttaja
07-03-2015, 04:00 PM
It does seem strange that an Osh restaurant/bar would close 3 weeks before Airventure, not after, unless they were opening under new management.
According to the link posted, it wasn't their choice: They were evicted for non-payment of rent. The landlord probably has another tenant in mind.

Ron Wanttaja

FlyingRon
07-04-2015, 03:37 PM
A few years back we arrived at Oshkosh early and hadn't eaten. The rest of the Vintage guys were going to a movie so we borrowed Dangerous Dave's car and went to the new restaurant that opened on the Granary site. Talking to the waitress we told her we were there for the EAA. She went and grabbed the owner, they were so excited. They were told the EAA would bring a lot of business and we were the first ones (I had to tell her that the rest of the show didn't really start for another five or six days).

gbrasch
07-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Ron (or anyone), is there still a "new" restaurant at the Granary site?

FlyingRon
07-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Don't know. The one that we tried a few years ago was terrible (it was a restaurant/disco) so we never attempted to go back.

Other than Kodiak Jacks we tend to hit Fratello's/Fox River Brewery, Wendt's, Lara's, The Roxy, An Italian place on the highway (Bievenudos?), Robbins, and for desert either Ardy and Eds or Leons.

Google Maps of Sepember 2013 show it with a "Club Element" sign but also a FOR SALE sign out front.

gbrasch
07-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Leon's almost nightly after wherever we have been!

L16 Pilot
07-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Wendts is good if you have transportation to get there. Otherwise, I usually ride the EAA bus to the north side and go to Friar Tucks for my sandwich and adult beverage.

troy_m
07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Glenn -- The former Granary restaurant is currently empty. I believe it's still for sale.

The Ground Round restaurant has steak on their menu. It's located inside the Best Western hotel in downtown Oshkosh (across the river from the former Granary restaurant).
Here's their website: http://oshkoshwaterfronthotel.com/bar-grill/

rwanttaja
07-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Wendts is good if you have transportation to get there. Otherwise, I usually ride the EAA bus to the north side and go to Friar Tucks for my sandwich and adult beverage.
If you've got transportation, Appleton's just ~25 minutes down the road. Good selection of restaurants there.

Ron Wanttaja

gbrasch
07-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Glenn -- The former Granary restaurant is currently empty. I believe it's still for sale.

The Ground Round restaurant has steak on their menu. It's located inside the Best Western hotel in downtown Oshkosh (across the river from the former Granary restaurant).
Here's their website: http://oshkoshwaterfronthotel.com/bar-grill/
Thanks Troy...