PDA

View Full Version : Web Cams, Apps & Raptor Display

Tom Steber
06-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. But a few questions:
1) When will the web cams be up and running and will there be a link posted?

2) When will the iPhone App be ready to go?

3) Will the F-22 be doing full demos or just the Heritage Flights?

Counting the days!

Thanks

Hal Bryan
06-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Hi Tom -

1. They'll be up as soon as the wayfinding towers are erected on the grounds. Usually about two weeks before convention starts.

2. It's in final stages of testing now. As soon as we hand it off to Apple, they'll start the approval process which, unfortunately, can take as long as two weeks.

3. As I understand it, the F-22 will be doing both demos and Heritage Flights, but the demos might be limited because of the size of our aerobatic box.

We're counting 'em too!

Hal

Roger Janssens
06-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Hal,
for some reason or other the news that the F-22 would be doing a full display on certain days wasn't published as a separate item in the weekly or daily updates (which is where I get most of my news from). Instead you can only find out about it in one of the 'tiles' on the main homepage. I think if it had been published as a separate item, it would have been more visible (I've not seen any comments on it in any of the other forums I visit, even those that deal with current military aviation like fencecheck.com).
Best,
Roger

krw920
06-25-2015, 10:04 PM
3. As I understand it, the F-22 will be doing both demos and Heritage Flights, but the demos might be limited because of the size of our aerobatic box.

Hal

Well the last time it was at AV, the demo it did was pretty awesome in my book, an no special box that I recall.

Tom Steber
06-26-2015, 05:13 AM
Thanks Hal!