PDA

View Full Version : Ultralight Trike Training in the Twin Cities area

happycampers57
06-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Been searching around to continue training I started a few years back. Was at Maple Lake Mn airport to start but I can't find the person anymore. An EAA member from Maple Lake suggested this forum. I don't have my own trike yet but one thing at a time. I live in St Paul Mn and would be willing to drive as much as 50 miles to get started. If you know of someone please let me know.

Thanks
Tom

champ driver
06-17-2015, 04:10 AM
I believe there's still an ultralight strip right next to the north side of Highway 94 in Woodbury. They're out there, you need to visit or call small airports around the area to find any information on them. Also try Stanton airport south of the cities, I think there may be some there.

happycampers57
06-17-2015, 07:37 AM
I'll try Stanton airfield. The one in Woodbury was sold for development a long time ago. I tried Maple Lake, Osceola and Lake Elmo so far. The manager at Osceola said they had two trike owners but does not believe they do training with them. Also going to try Benson near White Bear Lake. I see an ultralight flying over Bald Eagle Lake once in a while. Thanks.

champ driver
06-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Try Forrest Lake too, for some reason I think there's no ultralight flying on any MAC airport.

azsportpilot
06-24-2015, 10:43 AM
I would check with the MN Lite Flyers UL Club

they may know someone in your area

http://mnliteflyers.weebly.com/