PDA

View Full Version : Something Messed Up with the Post Tracking

rwanttaja
06-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Noticed some weird things today. There were obviously new posts in some subjects when I opened the main forum page, but when I clicked "New Posts" they didn't appear. They ALSO didn't appear when I hit the "What's New" button.

When I clicked the links to the new posts on the main forum page, the new posts did appear. But if I tried to go manually to the new post (click Hangar Flying to open that sub-page), the new posts didn't appear.

Or maybe I've been breathing too much C-85 exhaust....

Ron Wanttaja

1600vw
06-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Ron I am seeing the same thing you are. I thought maybe it was my browser or firefox.

Tony

rwanttaja
06-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Thanks, Tony...guess I'm not half as messed up as I thought.

For a point of reference, when I click the "What's New" tab, the newest article is dated the 5th of June...three days ago. Yet there are a number of newer articles listed as "most recent post" in the Forum home page.

The fun thing is, if Hal et all are ALSO relying on the "New Posts" and the "What's New" links, they'll never see our posts pointing out the problem....

Edit: I'm also getting a "Database Error" message when I post something.

Ron Wanttaja

gbrasch
06-08-2015, 06:00 PM
I have also noticed problems with the EAA website. Tried opening Sport Aviation online, said I needed to be a member and to log in, even though I already was logged in, and kept taking me in circles from there.....till I gave up.

wyoranch
06-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Same here

Hal Bryan
06-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Glenn -

We found and resolved your issue this morning. EAA.org should once again recognize you as a member and afford all proper access accordingly. Sorry for glitch!

- Hal

Hal Bryan
06-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Ron, et al -

Our hosting provider is investigating this now. Thanks for the heads-up!

- Hal

Hal Bryan
06-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Ron, et al -

Our hosting provider is investigating this now. Thanks for the heads-up!

- Hal

UPDATE: The database / new posts issue appears to be resolved now. Have a look and let us know.

Thanks!

Hal