PDA

View Full Version : IPAD formatting

weiskopf20@gmail.com
10-19-2011, 07:11 AM
When I post or respond from my IPAD, all returns are ignored.Such as this.Or this.... Each . (period) represents 1 return...Pete

subnoize
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I have very few problems with Android 3.2 even though the browsers on both come from the same code base. Apple does pretty well with their browser while using HTML 5.x but the older hacks are problems for it. This site is the vBulletin software so it has a bunch of unfriendly HTML, CSS and JavaScript hacks that throw iPads for loops. Android does a little better but try editing a bunch of messages and eventually the browser will crash. Its the vBullentin software more than its the browser ;-)

Bob Meder
10-20-2011, 04:36 AM
I've mentioned this before, and Hal tells me that vBulletin is aware of the issue and will fix it in the next release. In the meantime, the CRLF's will "take" when you edit the post - this one was done on an iPad using iOS 5.0.

Interestingly, another forum where I post, studentpilot.com, uses the same version of the software, and it keeps the CRLF's, but won't let me edit; errors have to e fixed by logging in on a PC.

Finally, and this is for Hal, I think vBulletin might have smartphone apps; another forum I peruse that uses vBulletin is always offering to send it to me.

Anymouse
10-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Interestingly, another forum where I post, studentpilot.com, uses the same version of the software, and it keeps the CRLF's, but won't let me edit; errors have to e fixed by logging in on a PC.

I'm curious if your Message Editor Interface settings are the same on both forums.

Barren
11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
You could try tapatalk app too.

Barren
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Testing returns on iPad 2 w/ios5.ReturnReturn 2Etc.Three....

Barren
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Yep, sure are ignored.