PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning aluminum

wyoranch
04-23-2015, 04:03 PM
I just purchased an all aluminum horse trailer. The aluminum is looking dull and a little gray. Does anyone have a recommendation for washing and brightening the outside. I have no desire to polish it as it is 39 feet long. Lol and for what it t is worth I will be living in the living quarters portion during OSH so it has to look good! :P
rick

sarpysam
08-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Go to any Featherlite dealer. They pump on a chemical, leave it soak for 15 or 20 min and wash it off with a pressure washer. Makes them look like new and doesn't hurt the decals either.

Sarpy Sam

FlyingRon
08-18-2015, 05:47 AM
Go to any Featherlite dealer. They pump on a chemical, leave it soak for 15 or 20 min and wash it off with a pressure washer. Makes them look like new and doesn't hurt the decals either.

Sarpy Sam

They call it their "Aluminum Brightener" and it's a mixture of phosphoric and sulfuric acid...be careful with it!

crusty old aviator
11-17-2015, 09:01 AM
While you're at the convention, you should work a deal with Nuvite where people can use your trailer to practice their polishing skills and see for themselves how easy it is to polish with Nuvite! Contact their marketing manager through orders@nuvitechemical.com

wyoranch
11-17-2015, 10:13 AM
I ended up finding a 'truck wash' that specializes in aluminum. Did an absolutely beautiful job for $75.00 plus a healthy tip. they had 8 guys on it took 20 minutes or so and is absolutely brilliant.
Rick
P.S. Crusty... I am laughing because my wife said the SAME exact thing. She saw a couple of booths last year where they were 'demonstrating' AL polish and thought what a great deal for the owners. I did not want to go the polished route, because.
1) I am too lazy, it is the equivalent of polishing your house
2) I am too cheap
3) I am too lazy and too cheap - oh wait I already said that didn't I?