PDA

View Full Version : OSKOSH 2015 Official data

EDGEFLY
03-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have knowledge of when EAA will have real data for this year on the Aairventure website ?

Dale

Hal Bryan
03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Dale -

Air show and musical performers are announced as they're confirmed, with basic air show schedules going up in July, then finalized each morning of convention. The exhibitor and vendor info should be finalized by mid-June, and we're hoping to have the majority of the forum schedule completed and live by the first of June or so, and the NOTAM should be out in early May as usual.

What other data did I miss...?

Cheers -

Hal

EDGEFLY
03-27-2015, 08:18 PM
I think you covered it, Thanks Hal.

Dale

GeorgeP
03-27-2015, 10:16 PM
.....What other data did I miss...? G'day Hal, any idea when the app may become available? Looking forward to my second Australia to Osh experience in three years. :D Many thanks to you and your colleagues for all the great work that you put in to make it such a successful and enjoyable event. :thumbsup:

skyfixer8
03-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Just read about B-52 comming to Oshkosh. About time they got a real warbird to come there. Worked on them for 22 years in SAC. A real thing of beauty.

Hal Bryan
03-30-2015, 06:33 AM
G'day Hal, any idea when the app may become available? Looking forward to my second Australia to Osh experience in three years. :D Many thanks to you and your colleagues for all the great work that you put in to make it such a successful and enjoyable event. :thumbsup:

Hello George - Thanks for the kind words! There are a lot of pieces in play, but, right now, we're targeting early June for the app.

Glad to hear that you're coming back!

- Hal

GeorgeP
03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks, Hal. Early June sounds perfect - enough time for me to choose and load the presentations and workshops into my schedule.

Jim Hann
03-31-2015, 07:53 AM
Hello George - Thanks for the kind words! There are a lot of pieces in play, but, right now, we're targeting early June for the app.

Glad to hear that you're coming back!

- Hal
Is it an all new application again Hal? I've still got last year's on my phone. :-) (Memories, like the corners of my mind....)

Hal Bryan
03-31-2015, 08:41 AM
Is it an all new application again Hal? I've still got last year's on my phone. :-) (Memories, like the corners of my mind....)

I'd describe it as a major update, Jim. We're overhauling the user interface and the update process in particular, two of the biggest pain points from last year.

Jim Hann
03-31-2015, 05:06 PM
I'd describe it as a major update, Jim. We're overhauling the user interface and the update process in particular, two of the biggest pain points from last year.
:thumbsup:

deftone
04-06-2015, 06:51 PM

More importantly, is the EAA radio app going to be active again this year. Really enjoyed the talk sections last year.

EDGEFLY
04-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Two new questions:

Travelling companion would like to make 2M Ham connections while at OSKOSH. Please provide any information about available relay tower frequencies etc. which may be reachable with a handheld w/ducky.

Anyone aware of airports which are in the Northern Il./ SE Wisconsin area allowing on-field camping. We will be arriving from the East.

FlyingRon
04-11-2015, 11:20 AM
There's a repeater out there if I recall, but most of us just worked on 146.52 while we were there.

EDGEFLY
06-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Whatever happened to the "mailed out" copies of the NOTAM ? I signed up for it on the EAA website but have seen nothing of it yet. I can understand there could be reasons to not release it due to currency issues but Hal said it would be out in May !

Da le

Byron J. Covey
06-30-2015, 05:10 AM
Whatever happened to the "mailed out" copies of the NOTAM ? I signed up for it on the EAA website but have seen nothing of it yet. I can understand there could be reasons to not release it due to currency issues but Hal said it would be out in May !

Da le

Save your fellow members some cost by downloading and printing your copy.

http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/flyingin/2015-notam.pdf

BJC

Hal Bryan
06-30-2015, 07:31 AM

Da le

Hi Dale - Actually, the NOTAM was released online in the third week of April. That's what I meant by "out. " The printed copies did go out later than expected, but mailing began about two weeks ago, so we're sending you another one today just in case the first was lost in the mail.

Best -

Hal

Mayhemxpc
06-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Same thing here, Hal. I asked for a printed copy when through the link when first announced but have not received anything.Yes, I did download a pdf version and it is on my iPad, but the hard printed absolutely the right size version is invaluable.

Jetguy
06-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Ditto here to! Requested a week ago and no joy.

Hal Bryan
06-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Same thing here, Hal. I asked for a printed copy when through the link when first announced but have not received anything.Yes, I did download a pdf version and it is on my iPad, but the hard printed absolutely the right size version is invaluable.

Ditto here to! Requested a week ago and no joy.

Okay, guys - you might give it another couple of days, as mailing only started about a week and a half ago. (My mistake above when I said "two weeks.")

If you don't have it soon, then reach out to membership@eaa.org and they'll be able to help you out.

Mayhemxpc
07-02-2015, 03:58 PM
NOTAM arrived today!

L16 Pilot
07-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Mine arrived too. Please schedule blue skies and light winds for Oshkosh :).