PDA

View Full Version : March '15 SportAviation...

Frank Giger
03-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Kudoes all around.

I know that it's expected to be a litany of gripes whenever one of these threads is made, but I must say it was one of the most rounded issues to date since I've been a member.

Since reading about ADSB-out is an interesting intellectual exercise in trying to keep my eyes focused - I'm convinced that in every article about it there's a hidden 3D picture of a cowboy riding a dolphin that will resolve itself out of the print if I just concentrate - I managed to grasp that the FAA will check one's system for accuracy and send a lengthy inscruitable document to validate it (along with the summary of "everything looks okay"). Any time Mac is subjected to technical gibbley-goo to where he's looking for the image of a whale to pop out of it is a good one, IMHO. Turn about's fair play, after all.

Ron's anticipated "wreck review" is naturally up to its expected level of readability. I've done some statistical analysis in my days, and the hardest part of crunching numbers is actually writing the summary and drawing conclusions (and admitting when they would be speculative and therefore best not made). As a homebuilder, knowing where the trouble spots are really help me in both building and build decisions.

Pilots missing a conspicuous appendage that the bulk of pilots have and are usually touching or measuring each other by.* Women and airplanes are two of my favorite things on the planet, and when one combines the two it's a facinating combination. The best part about the feature is that they're compelling profiles no matter what the gender; these are pilots who are women, not "women pilots."

Homebuilding stuff! Heck yeah! I know I could be surfing over to Experimenter but I hate reading magazines from a screen. Our big tent certified aircraft only members might think it's nuts to talk about hole saw blades, but it's grist for the mill as far as I'm concerned.

Plus a lot of other stuff that I don't want to expound on. Home run issue.

* A huge aviator watch with multiple dials and buttons as well as a fight computer ring around the face, of course.

TedK
03-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Frank-
I'm not sure which was more enjoyable to read, the March issue or your review of it. :)

malexander
03-16-2015, 04:40 AM
I'll have to agree with Frank. That/this was the best issue I've seen in a LONG time!!