PDA

View Full Version : fantastic friday

mattk
03-09-2015, 05:03 PM
I came across tower recording from this a few years ago after never hearing of it before. Well,i was immediately interested because I was born on that very day and happened to come across it while I was training for my private rating. I would love to listen to it again but none of the links I find seem to work for me. Any help would be appreciated!

spongebobiwan
03-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Matt,

I have a MP3 file of that someplace on my computer. It runs almost 50 minutes. Let me hunt around for it and get back to you.

Russ

spongebobiwan
03-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Okay, that didn't take long to find. Now I gotta figure out how to upload the .mp3 file here, so you and others that are interested in it can download it. I've had it for years and have no recollection of where I got it. I don't think there are copyright issues, but there could be. I better make sure. You always gotta be careful of that nowadays I guess. I've lived too long. Ugh. Hopefully somebody can chime in with both how to upload (and subsequently download) it from here, and whether or not there might be copyright issues.

mattk
03-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Matt,

I have a MP3 file of that someplace on my computer. It runs almost 50 minutes. Let me hunt around for it and get back to you.

RussThanks in advance,really looking forward to being able to hear the whole thing. Also,I have to say I got a kick out or your username. Grew up on star wars and my kids got me hooked on SpongeBob !

Hal Bryan
03-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Okay, that didn't take long to find. Now I gotta figure out how to upload the .mp3 file here, so you and others that are interested in it can download it. I've had it for years and have no recollection of where I got it. I don't think there are copyright issues, but there could be. I better make sure. You always gotta be careful of that nowadays I guess. I've lived too long. Ugh. Hopefully somebody can chime in with both how to upload (and subsequently download) it from here, and whether or not there might be copyright issues.

Russ - I was trying to dig up a copy here. Obviously we've got it, but I'm not sure precisely where...If you've got it handy, you'll save me some time! You should be able to upload it here as an attachment. Just click "go advanced" when starting a post to open the advanced editor, and you'll see an "Attachments" button. Should be straightforward from there, and I've just added .mp3 as a recognized file type with a generous size limit.

Thanks!

Oh, and as the copyright holder, you have our blessing to share the file here.

- Hal

spongebobiwan
03-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks Hal. That's what I was hoping to hear. Here's the audio file. Hope I did this right. :)

Hal Bryan
03-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Perfect!

Dana
03-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Wow...

Jim Rosenow
03-11-2015, 08:58 AM
I remember sitting by the runway and listening to this live on my little aircraft band receiver. Good memories!

It's still as impressive now.

Jim

avee8r
03-12-2015, 09:00 PM
I was there too, mesmerized watching the masses arrive. Thank goodness we've grown out of reporting over the gravel pit although I never forget it when flying over it during AirVenture. I've used this as part of my home answering machine. Many people won't leave a message if they don't know I fly, thinking it's a tower or something. Funny!
Happy Landings
John

MADean
03-13-2015, 08:10 AM
For some reason all I get is a partial download. It "interrupts" at around 70%. I've tried it half a dozen times, with the same results.

ClipperCapt
03-13-2015, 09:26 AM
This was an amazing evening. I was standing on top of a converted school bus/camper as we watched and listened to this whole dance! (I've got to find my copy of the cassette tape) What I remember vividly was what looked to be a new 'constellation' of landing lights all east of the airport all on final approach!!