PDA

View Full Version : Another Camp Scholler question

garyr78
01-30-2015, 09:16 PM
I've been to Airventure once, about 15 years ago, but stayed in a hotel. For 2015, I plan to camp in Camp Scholler.

Is it reasonable to expect that I'd be able to find a single campsite east of 35th if I were to arrive by Monday, a week before AirVenture starts?

Thanks,
Gary

gbrasch
01-30-2015, 10:12 PM
That is down closer to things, but I would think so, even if you were a little further west, you still have shuttles running all the time. Hope that helps.

FlyingRon
01-31-2015, 07:06 AM
The one time I camped in Scholler we were able to find a small single spot right about there in that time frame (I think we arrived Sunday actually).

Biyu
01-31-2015, 07:30 PM
Last year we got there in like we'd of the event (while running) we ended up with a spot about a block away from the dog walk area and everything was smooth for us really close to porta pots and walking from showers THO we drove there and the busses were running about the whole time!

My point? Even if you don't get where you want you'll still have fun im sure! That was our first year camping there

Jeff Point
02-01-2015, 01:00 PM
There are no certainties in life, but I will say that if you get there by the Monday prior to convention, you will almost certainly find camping still available east of 35th. There will even be a few random spots in Paul's Woods, which is premier camping just west of Theater in the Woods. I usually show up the Wednesday before the show and see a few open sites left. You just have to spend some time driving around the find them.

garyr78
02-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses. I am looking forward to the Camp Scholler experience.