PDA

View Full Version : Finding forum difficult

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Took me 5 minutes to find the forum link from EAA.com
Clicked on multimedia or something... No forum... Looked everywhere.
Then I see I got transferred to Airventure website that looks exactly the same, no forum.

Finally, I found the forum and clicked and nothing happened. Tried again... You have to click twice. Geez.

Hal Bryan
11-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Bill. We're definitely looking to make improvements to navigation, but for future reference, there's no reason to go to EAA.org before you come here to the forums - the address is the same as it's always been, eaaforums.org. If you are at our main EAA site first, it's just one click to get here: mouse over Education and Resources, then click "Discussion Forums" on the menu that appears. Hope this helps a bit!Thanks again -Hal

gbrasch
11-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Add Bookmark?

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Bill. We're definitely looking to make improvements to navigation, but for future reference, there's no reason to go to EAA.org before you come here to the forums - the address is the same as it's always been, eaaforums.org. If you are at our main EAA site first, it's just one click to get here: mouse over Education and Resources, then click "Discussion Forums" on the menu that appears. Hope this helps a bit!Thanks again -Hal
But when you click "Discussion Forums" another discussion forums window opens suggesting the need to click that. But nothing happens.
When that didn't work, I had to try something else and got transferred to Airventure.
Why make it hard?

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Add Bookmark?
I like to leave an open window on my iPad. Fastest.
But sometimes the website is corrupted and I have to reload it from somewhere.

Floatsflyer
11-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Geezzz.....google"eaa forums" 2 seconds or less, you're there.

Hal Bryan
11-05-2014, 11:38 AM
But when you click "Discussion Forums" another discussion forums window opens suggesting the need to click that. But nothing happens.
When that didn't work, I had to try something else and got transferred to Airventure.
Why make it hard?

I can't reproduce this at all, Bill - I mouse over Education and Resources, click Discussion Forums, and I'm here, as I said, in one click (if I decided to start at EAA.org.) Can you tell me what browser / operating system you're using?

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I can't reproduce this at all, Bill - I mouse over Education and Resources, click Discussion Forums, and I'm here, as I said, in one click (if I decided to start at EAA.org.) Can you tell me what browser / operating system you're using?
Safari on iPad mini.
I just tried again, it takes several clicks to make it work.

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Safari on iPad mini.
I just tried again, it takes several clicks to make it work.
Clicking discussion forums doesn't go to forums it does this:
http://eaaforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4278&stc=1

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 01:07 PM
I tried the wife's full size ipad. It didn't work at all.
Maybe a problem with iPads?

It also freezes frequently, and I loose the post....

Hal Bryan
11-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi Bill -

Sorry, I missed the fact that you were on an iPad. The menu system does work a little differently on a mobile device. Obviously, you can't "mouse over" something if you're using a tablet without a mouse. And there is a bug here, as you've seen.

It should work as follows: tap Education & Resources to bring down the menu, then tap Discussion Forums to open that link.

For some reason, on certain menu items in iOS Safari (iPad & iPhone), tapping Discussion Forums just gives that menu item the focus, then you do have to tap it a second time to actually follow the link. I consider this a bug and it's something we'll be investigating.

As for the freezes, if you were seeing that primarily recently (over last 4-5 days, say) then that was a problem on our hosting provider's server and does appear to be resolved.

Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

- Hal

Bill Berson
11-05-2014, 01:32 PM
My IPad froze just today trying to make the previous post.
But it also freezes at other forums.... Usually freezes when moving the cursor.
I don't write long posts anymore:D

Bill Berson
11-10-2014, 07:19 PM
I went to Safari settings and cleared the "history and cookies".
That seems to have solved the forum freeze problem.

Had to re-log-in everything.