PDA

View Full Version : Server error 500

wyoranch
11-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Guys,
lI have been getting a lot of 500 server errors lately. Nex time it happens I will grab a screen shot
thanks
rick

Jim Hann
11-02-2014, 01:02 AM
I had one earlier this evening also.

Floatsflyer
11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Me too, all day yesterday. Appears to be OK today.

Hal Bryan
11-02-2014, 12:25 PM
I reported the issue to our hosting provider this morning - I believe it's been fixed.

FlyingRon
11-03-2014, 06:20 AM
It still happens transiently with every post for me. The post seems to work, though it makes forum navigation a bit difficult.Something about declaration of vb_thread_manager ....

Hal Bryan
11-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Apparently, the latest version of Tapatalk has a major memory leak and it's using up all the resources on the server. I'm going to disable it for now and see if that resolves the problem.

rwanttaja
11-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Apparently, the latest version of Tapatalk has a major memory leak and it's using up all the resources on the server. I'm going to disable it for now and see if that resolves the problem.
Dunno if you re-enabled it, but I just had a Server Error 500. Desktop PC, IE.

Ron "Server Error 500...isn't that a car race?" Wanttaja

rwanttaja
11-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Dunno if you re-enabled it, but I just had a Server Error 500. Desktop PC, IE.
Got it again, pressed "reload" as an experiment, and got this:

"Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1835008) (tried to allocate 92 bytes) in /home/eaaforum/public_html/vb/vb.php on line 123"

Ron Wanttaja

Hal Bryan
11-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Ron - I still haven't encountered it, but I'll be digging more deeply today.

Jim Hann
12-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this is related to the 500 error or if it is a different, new problem. I have been unable to access the forum from Tapatalk. It shows that it is there but it will not load any threads. I've tried new threads, and the regular forum entry, no dice. I usually only travel with an iPad and this time a year is a busy time so I won't be home much. I'm bummed.

Any hints, tips, or tricks I can try? I'm back on the road for a couple days starting tonight so I might not be able to mess with it until the weekend.

Thanks!

Hal Bryan
12-02-2014, 01:41 PM
I don't know if this is related to the 500 error or if it is a different, new problem. I have been unable to access the forum from Tapatalk. It shows that it is there but it will not load any threads. I've tried new threads, and the regular forum entry, no dice. I usually only travel with an iPad and this time a year is a busy time so I won't be home much. I'm bummed.

Any hints, tips, or tricks I can try? I'm back on the road for a couple days starting tonight so I might not be able to mess with it until the weekend.

Thanks!

Hey Jim - we're pretty sure that Tapatalk was the cause of the memory / server 500 errors, so we've had to turn it off while they investigate. I miss it too, and hope we can figure out a solution!

JimRice85
12-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I use Tapatalk almost exclusively to access this group. I finally logged in on iPad and saw this thread. Any idea when things might return to normal?

Hal Bryan
12-12-2014, 08:03 AM
I use Tapatalk almost exclusively to access this group. I finally logged in on iPad and saw this thread. Any idea when things might return to normal?

Not at this point, unfortunately. All we know for sure is that Tapatalk was apparently causing a major memory issue, and disabling it resolved the problem. I'm hoping to see an update from Tapatalk in the near future, but don't have any kind of ETA. It's frustrating for me personally because I rely on it pretty heavily for notifications of new posts, etc., but it's also something that only 2% of our registered users have ever tried, much less used actively. Regardless, I'll keep at it as I can.

The Traveler
01-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Just wanted to check up on this. I'm a Tapatalk user (thankfully, I'm not using the most recent release/update, which makes it a horrible program to try and use). Any update or estimate when we'll get the Tapatalk functionality back?

Jim Hann
01-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Just bumping up the thread. :-)

Hal, thanks for the work. I miss the board but I don't get on much when I'm on the road because (as you are aware) the web interface on a phone or iPad is a PITA

Jim
Off to Omaha and Des Moines next week!