PDA

View Full Version : Pitts S1-D wings

tipsynipper
10-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Hi

I'm new to this site and a member of the LAA (EAA equivalent) here in the UK.
I am looking at a rebuild project of a Pitts S1. The set of wings I am looking at are S1-D, (flat bottom section with 4 ailerons) they have built up ribs and the compression ribs have square sections either side.
The help I need is to obtain a set of plans for the wings so I can make sure they 'conform' and obtain the relevant approvals, I have drawings for the S1-S which helps with the fuselage etc but not wings.

If anyone can help with plans/information I would be most grateful.

Best regards

Stuart

WLIU
10-24-2014, 08:19 AM
I would suggest starting with the folks at Steen Aerolab. They sell plans for the S-1C and the four aileron wings.

Best of luck,

Wes

tipsynipper
10-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Hi Wes

Thanks for the reply, I've been in touch with Steen Aerolab and they don't have plans for the S1-D, I think the four aileron wing they do is the S1-SS which is a symmetrical wing.

Stuart

Byron J. Covey
10-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Hi Wes

Thanks for the reply, I've been in touch with Steen Aerolab and they don't have plans for the S1-D, I think the four aileron wing they do is the S1-SS which is a symmetrical wing.

Stuart

From http://www.steenaero.com/pittss1/

The S1-C is the "Flatwing" Pitts Special, which was the first model for which plans were offered back in 1962. The S1-C uses the M-6 airfoil on both wings, and has ailerons on the lower wings only (a four-aileron model is available, please ask for details.)