PDA

View Full Version : need help

TTSL
09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
does any one know where you can go to see if there are any projects for sale besides the typical sites like barnstromers, ASO ext. ? I also need help with a decision with choosing an aircraft? I have been looking at the velocity XL RG. I like the room, speed, and great for cross country. I live in Utah and have family, kids, and grand kids that live in Texas .so I would be doing a lot of cross country flying with my wife and son.

Floatsflyer
09-09-2014, 09:32 PM
I'd email or call the factory to ask them if they are aware of projects for sale. I'd also go to the Velocity builders blogs and create a thread posing your question. I'd also ask Mr. Google to search for exactly want you want and follow the leads.

martymayes
09-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Builder forums for whatever type you are looking for. Many projects are advertised there first. I also occasionally see an airplane project for sale on Craigslist.

cub builder
09-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Builders forums are a good place to find project planes and completed planes. I haven't been to visit Velocity in a few years, but the factory always had a flying plane or two as well as some owner projects nearby they were aware were for sale. It's like an infestation of Velocities near the factory, so a trip to Sebastion, FL to look and learn would certainly be in order. You might find your project there, and you are bound to learn a lot by spending a week or so there. I also highly recommend going through their transition training class before you build so you get familiar with some of the quirks of the Velocities, then again as a refresher when you are ready to fly yours.

-Cub Builder

Blue Chips
09-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Isn't Trade-a-Plane still around?
That used to be a very good place to look for aircraft and parts.